2019 in Senegal
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Events in the year 2019 in Senegal.
- 24 February – President Macky Sall wins a second term with 58% of the vote in the 2019 Senegalese presidential election.
- July 29 — Journalist Adama Gaye (Kapital Afrik, Jeune Afrique, France 24, TV5Monde, and Al Jazeera) is arrested and charged with acting to compromise public security and offending the president.
- September 29 — President Macky Sall pardons his rival, the former mayor of Dakar, Khalifa Sall, who was jailed in 2018 for corruption.
- "Senegal election: President Macky Sall wins second term", BBC News, February 28, 2019, retrieved August 10, 2019
- "Senegalese authorities arrest critical journalist Adama Gaye", Committee to Protect Journalists, August 9, 2019, retrieved August 10, 2019
- Diadie Ba; Edward McAllister (Sep 29, 2019), "Senegal president pardons political rival Khalifa Sall", Yahoo! News: Reuters, retrieved Sep 29, 2019
- "L'ancien joueur du Stade Malherbe Caen, Korr Sarr, est décédé". tendanceouest.com (in French). Retrieved 19 February 2019.
- Nécrologie : Maimouna Kane, première femme ministre tire sa révérence (in French)