2019 in Venezuela
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||Other events of 2019|
Years in Venezuela
Timeline of Venezuelan history
- 5 Jan
- 10 Jan
- After the Presidential election in May 2018, Nicolás Maduro is sworn in as Venezuelan President for the second time, to controversy
- 23 Jan
- The nation protests, with hundreds of thousands taking to the streets across the nation.
- A 4.5 magnitude earthquake hits in Sucre.
- Opposition leader Juan Guaidó swears himself in as President of Venezuela, with de facto President Nicolás Maduro not recognizing this.
- The United States, Canada and several Latin American nations recognize opposition leader Juan Guaidó as President of Venezuela.
- President Nicolás Maduro says Caracas is breaking off diplomatic relations with the United States, giving American diplomats 72 hours to leave the country. Juan Guaidó, in turn, asks diplomats of countries that have recognized him as president to remain in Venezuela.
- "Violent protests in Venezuela: Live updates". www.cnn.com. 2019-01-23. Retrieved 2019-01-24.
- Goodman, Joshua. "Venezuela breaks diplomatic ties with U.S. after Trump recognizes opposition leader as president". chicagotribune.com. Retrieved 2019-01-24.
- "The Latest: Venezuelan lawyers seeking protection for Guaido". AP NEWS. 2019-01-24. Retrieved 2019-01-24.
- Guerrero, Sandra (2019-03-07). "Hermano de periodista asesinado pide que el caso no quede impune". El Nacional (in Spanish). Retrieved 8 March 2019.