2019 in the European Union
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Years in the European Union:||2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022|
|Centuries:||20th century · 21st century · 22nd century|
|Decades:||1980s 1990s 2000s 2010s 2020s 2030s 2040s|
|Years:||2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022|
- Heavy winter storms paralyzed parts of Scandinavia and the Alps, including northern Norway and Sweden, southern Germany, and Austria.
- European border agency Frontex estimated 150,000 people entered the EU through irregular crossings in 2018, a 92% drop from the peak recorded in 2015, mainly due to a dramatic drop in arrivals from Libya, Algeria, and Tunisia using the central Mediterranean route through Italy.
- March 26 – The European Parliament votes by 348 to 278 in favour of the controversial Article 13 of the EU Directive on Copyright in the Digital Single Market, which expands legal liability for websites.
- "Snow brings parts of Europe to standstill". BBC News. Retrieved 2019-01-12.
- "Illegal migration to EU falls to lowest level in 5 years -- but spikes in Spain". CNN. Retrieved 2019-01-13.
- "Article 13: Memes exempt as EU backs controversial copyright law". BBC News. 26 March 2019. Retrieved 26 March 2019.
- "European Parliament approves new copyright rules for the internet". European Parliament. 26 March 2019. Retrieved 26 March 2019.