2020 American Samoa gubernatorial election
The 2020 American Samoa gubernatorial election will be held on November 8, 2020, coinciding with the 2020 United States presidential elections and other US elections. The election will elect the Governor of American Samoa. The incumbent governor Lolo Matalasi Moliga is not running for reelection due to term limits.
There are three teams running in the election.
- Fatumalala L. A. Al-Shehri and running mate Leah A. Smith
- I’aulualo Fa’afetai Talia and running mate Tapa’au Dr. Dan Mageo Aga
- Nuanuaolefeagaiga T. Saoluaga and running mate Tapumanaia Galu Satele Jr
- Lemanu Peleti Mauga and running mate Salo Ale
On January 25 2019, Senator Nuanuaolefeagaiga announced his candidacy.
I’aulualo Fa’afetai Talia announced his candidacy at a campaign news media event at Sadie's by the Sea on July 28 2019.
- "Will election law be enforced?". Talanei. Retrieved 2020-04-06.
- "First female team officially declares for the 2020 gubernatorial race". www.samoanews.com. 2019-07-30. Retrieved 2020-03-21.
- "Update — I'aulualo and Tapa'au enter 2020 gubernatorial race". www.samoanews.com. 2019-07-28. Retrieved 2020-04-06.
- "Gubernatorial team of Sen. Nua and Tapumanaia first to announce". www.samoanews.com. 2019-02-15. Retrieved 2020-04-06.
- "Manu'a Senator Nuanuaolefeagaiga announces candidacy for governor". www.samoanews.com. 2019-01-25. Retrieved 2020-04-06.
|This article related to the politics of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|