2020 UEFA Champions League Final
The identity of the final
|Event||2019–20 UEFA Champions League|
|Venue||Atatürk Olympic Stadium, Istanbul|
The 2020 UEFA Champions League Final will be the final match of the 2019–20 UEFA Champions League, the 65th season of Europe's premier club football tournament organised by UEFA, and the 28th season since it was renamed from the European Champion Clubs' Cup to the UEFA Champions League. It is scheduled to be played at the Atatürk Olympic Stadium in Istanbul, Turkey. The final was originally scheduled to take place on 30 May 2020. On 23 March 2020, UEFA announced that the final was postponed indefinitely due to the 2020 coronavirus pandemic in Europe. A working group was set up to decide the calendar of the remainder of the season. UEFA proposed that the final could take place on 27 June 2020, subject to a review of the situation.
The winners will earn the right to play against the winners of the 2019–20 UEFA Europa League in the 2020 UEFA Super Cup. They will also qualify to enter the group stage of the 2020–21 UEFA Champions League, and if they have already qualified through their league performance, the berth reserved will be given to the champions of the 11th-ranked association according to next season's access list.
An open bidding process was launched on 22 September 2017 by UEFA to select the venues of the finals of the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, and UEFA Women's Champions League in 2020. Associations had until 31 October 2017 to express interest, and bid dossiers must be submitted by 1 March 2018. Associations hosting matches at UEFA Euro 2020 were not allowed to bid for the 2020 UEFA Champions League final.
UEFA announced on 3 November 2017 that two associations had expressed interest in hosting the 2020 UEFA Champions League final.
|Portugal||Estádio da Luz||Lisbon||65,647||Hosted the 2014 UEFA Champions League Final|
|Turkey||Atatürk Olympic Stadium||Istanbul||76,092||Hosted the 2005 UEFA Champions League Final|
The 2020 UEFA Champions League final identity was unveiled at the group stage draw on 29 August 2019.
With a stadium capacity of 72,000 for the final, each finalists will be allocated 20,000 tickets, and over 6,000 tickets are available to fans worldwide via UEFA.com between 5 and 12 March 2020 in the following price categories:
- Category 4: €70
- Category 3: €180
- Category 2: €450
- Category 1: €600
- Accessible tickets for disabled spectators: €70
The "home" team (for administrative purposes) will be determined by an additional draw to be held after the quarter-final and semi-final draws.
- "Istanbul to host 2020 UEFA Champions League Final". UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 24 May 2018. Retrieved 24 May 2018.
- "UEFA Club Finals postponed". UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 23 March 2020. Retrieved 23 March 2020.
- "UEFA postpones EURO 2020 by 12 months". UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 17 March 2020. Retrieved 17 March 2020.
- "საქართველო – ბელარუსის მატჩი გადაიდო" [Georgia – Belarus match postponed]. GFF.ge (in Georgian). Georgian Football Federation. 17 March 2020. Retrieved 23 March 2020.
- "Champions League and Europa League changes next season". UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 27 February 2018. Retrieved 27 February 2018.
- "Istanbul to host 2020 UEFA Champions League final". UEFA.com. 24 May 2018.
- "Six associations interested in hosting 2020 club finals". UEFA. 3 November 2017.
- "UEFA Executive Committee agenda for Kyiv meeting". UEFA.com. 8 May 2018.
- "UEFA Champions League launches 2020 Istanbul final identity". UEFA.com. 29 August 2019.
- "Tickets for 2020 UEFA Champions League final on sale on UEFA.com from €70". UEFA.com. 5 March 2020.
- "UEFA Champions League quarter-final, semi-final and final draws". UEFA.com.