2020 United States Senate election in Kentucky
The 2020 United States Senate election in Kentucky will be held on November 3, 2020, to elect a member of the United States Senate to represent the Commonwealth of Kentucky, concurrently with the 2020 U.S. presidential election, as well as other elections to the United States Senate in other states and elections to the United States House of Representatives and various state and local elections.
- Steven Cox, health care advocate
- Andy Beshear, incumbent Attorney General of Kentucky and nominee for Governor in 2019
- Jack Conway, former Attorney General of Kentucky, nominee for Senate in 2010, and nominee for Governor in 2015
- Adam Edelen, former State Auditor and candidate for governor in 2019
- Greg Fischer, mayor of Louisville
- Jim Gray, former mayor of Lexington and nominee for Senate in 2016
- Alison Lundergan Grimes, Secretary of State of Kentucky and nominee for the U.S. Senate in 2014
- Matt Jones, media personality, restaurateur
- Ashley Judd, actress
- Amy McGrath, 2018 nominee for Kentucky's 6th congressional district and former Lieutenant colonel in the United States Marine Corps
||Jun 11–12, 2019
- Partisan clients
- ^ Poll sponsored by The Ditch Mitch Fund
- ^ Poll sponsored by Our Lives on the Line
- ^ Mitch McConnell to Kentucky Gov. Bevin: Stay home and run for re-election
- ^ Beam, Adam. "McConnell announces re-elect campaign at Fancy Farm picnic". Associated Press.
- ^ Brammer, Jack (29 May 2019). "Former Kentucky lawmaker challenging Mitch McConnell in GOP primary for U.S. Senate". Lexington Herald Leader. Retrieved 31 May 2019.
- ^ Cohen, Zach C. [@Zachary_Cohen] (March 6, 2019). "Lil' news in the kicker here: #KYgov @MattBevin, McConnell's 2014 primary challenger, said he will "of course" support McConnell's #KYsen reelection in 2020.🔒njour.nl/s/677069" (Tweet). Retrieved March 6, 2019 – via Twitter.
- ^ Axelrod, Tal (February 21, 2019). "Poll: 33% of Kentucky voters approve of McConnell". The Hill. Retrieved April 22, 2019.
- ^ a b c d e f Green, J.P. (March 20, 2019). "Can McConnell Be Defeated in 2020?". The Democratic Strategist. Retrieved May 13, 2019.
- ^ Bailey, Phillip M. (March 12, 2019). "Amy McGrath vs Mitch McConnell in 2020? Group launches campaign to 'draft' her". The Courier-Journal. Retrieved March 14, 2019.
- ^ Singiser, Steve. "Here's our ultimate Democratic wishlist for Senate in 2020. Who's on yours?". Daily Kos. Retrieved 19 February 2019.
- ^ Willis, Adam (March 25, 2018). "This Liberal Sports Radio Host Thinks He Can Take Down Mitch McConnell". Politico. Archived from the original on 2018-03-25. Retrieved 7 September 2018.
- ^ Novelly, Thomas (March 26, 2018). "Is Matt Jones in for a 'rude awakening' if he challenges Mitch McConnell for Senate?". Courier-Journal. Retrieved 7 September 2018.
- ^ a b Gibson, Becca (March 27, 2018). "Matt Jones wants to take down Mitch McConnell in 2020". WAVE-3 TV. Retrieved 7 September 2018.
- Official campaign websites