2020 Wimbledon Championships
The 2020 Wimbledon Championships was a Grand Slam tennis tournament that was scheduled to be played at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in Wimbledon, London, United Kingdom, between 29 June and 12 July. It was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The cancellation of the tournament was announced on 1 April 2020.
The All England Club exercised an insurance plan covering infectious diseases, reportedly claiming over £100 million for the cancellation. £10m was distributed to the 620 players whose rankings would have been high enough for them to enter the tournament had it taken place.
- "Wimbledon Canceled: A 'Kick in the Gut' Not Felt Since World Wars". nytimes.com. Retrieved 4 July 2020.
- "Wimbledon tennis tournament canceled amid coronavirus pandemic". CNN. Retrieved 4 July 2020.
- "Cancellation of The Championships 2020" (Press release). The Championships, Wimbledon. Retrieved 10 July 2020.
- Fraser, Stuart. "Wimbledon nets £100m coronavirus cancellation payout". The Sunday Times. The Sunday Times. Retrieved 11 October 2020.
- "AELTC Announces Prize Money in Lieu of Championships 2020 and Initial Decisions for 2021". Wimbledon. AELTC. Retrieved 11 October 2020.
- "Wimbledon canceled for first time since World War II". ESPN.com. 1 April 2020.
2019 Wimbledon Championships
|The Championships, Wimbledon||Succeeded by|
2021 Wimbledon Championships