2020 coronavirus pandemic in Madagascar
This article is about a current disease pandemic where information can change quickly or be unreliable. The latest page updates may not reflect the most up-to-date information. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Arrival date||20 March 2020|
(1 week and 3 days)
Due to the crisis, a lack of international tourists caused problems for the tourism industry. Ambatovy mine suspended operations. The central bank of Madagascar injected hundreds of billions of ariary into the banking system to ease the economic damage caused by COVID-19.
On 20 March, the first three cases were confirmed in Madagascar. All were women.
- "Sumitomo halts mines in Bolivia, Madagascar". MINING.COM. 26 March 2020. Retrieved 26 March 2020.
- "Madagascar suspend toutes les liaisons aériennes régionales et internationales". mofcom.gov.cn. 18 March 2020. Retrieved 30 March 2020.
- "Tourists' departure leaves Madagascar forlorn as coronavirus fears bite". Reuters. 20 March 2020. Retrieved 26 March 2020.
- "Madagascar's central bank injects cash to support economy due to virus". Reuters. 24 March 2020. Retrieved 26 March 2020.
- "Officiel trois premiers cas de Coronavirus à Madagascar". Orange Madagascar. 20 March 2020.
|This article about COVID-19 is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|