2021 Junior Pan American Games
|Host city||Cali, Colombia|
|Motto||Ready To Give #AllForYou|
Spanish: ¡Somos Tu Fuerza! Nos Damos #TodosxVos
|Stadium||Estadio Pascual Guerrero|
The 2021 Junior Pan American Games (Spanish: Juegos Panamericanos Junior 2021) is a forthcoming international multi-sports event for athletes aged 18 to 21 in the Americas, organized by Panam Sports to be held in Cali, Colombia between June 5 and 19, 2021.
The deadline for the presentation of candidacy to organize the first Junior Pan American Games was January 31, 2019, on which date Cali, Santa Ana, and Monterrey were selected as host city candidates by Panam Sports. Cali was chosen as the host city by the Executive Committee in San José, Costa Rica on March 27, 2019.
Colombia Olympic Committee President Baltazar Medina noted that the reason Cali applied to host the games was to open the possibility of Colombia hosting larger multi-sports events, such as the Bolivarian Games and the Central American and Caribbean Games. Cali would be the main city for the games, while Palmira, Buga, and Calima El Darién would act as sub-centers. Notably, 2021 will be the 50th anniversary of the 1971 Pan American Games, which is the last time that Cali hosted the Pan American Games.
On January 29, 2019, Mayoress of Santa Ana Milena Calderón Sol de Escalón confirmed that the city would apply to be the host of the inaugural games, stating, "We are preparing all the presentations we have to do before the International Olympic Committee. It will be in Costa Rica where El Salvador, through Santa Ana, will be presented (to host the 2021 Junior Pan American Games)."
President of the Mexican Olympic Committee Carlos Padilla Becerra expressed interest in Monterrey hosting the inaugural Junior Games, stating, "Mexico hopes that the competition can take place in Monterrey in 2021; it is a city that has the adequate infrastructure to carry them out, and it a minimum expenditure would be necessary." However, there was a risk from lack of government support that caused the bid to be eliminated from the final vote. Monterrey will wait until the 2nd edition in 2025.
- "Panam Sports Begins Implementation of Strategic Plan". Pan American Sports Organization. January 16, 2019. Retrieved January 29, 2019.
- "I Junior Pan Am Games: Cali, Monterrey and Santa Ana the Candidates". Around the Rings. February 1, 2019. Retrieved February 2, 2019.
- "Panam Sports organizará Panamericanos Júnior y sopesa Panamericanos de Playa" [Panam Sports will organize Pan American Juniors and weigh Pan American Beach]. La Vanguardia (in Spanish). January 27, 2019. Retrieved January 29, 2019.
- Herrera, Alexander (February 7, 2019). "Palmira postulada para los Juegos Panamericanos Junior Sub 21" [Palmira nominated for the Junior U21 Pan Am Games] (in Spanish). Retrieved February 11, 2019.
- "Sports Events Cali". Cali-Valle 2021. Retrieved February 19, 2019.
- Benítez, Jose (January 29, 2019). "Santa Ana se postulará como sede de Juegos Panamericanos Junior 2021" [Santa Ana will run as host of the 2021 Pan American Junior Games]. El Grafico (in Spanish). Archived from the original on January 29, 2019. Retrieved January 29, 2019.
- "México muestra interés para Panamericanos Junior 2021" [Mexico shows interest for 2021 Junior Pan American Games]. Mexican Olympic Committee (in Spanish). January 17, 2019. Retrieved January 29, 2019.