This article does not cite any sources. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2028.|
2028 (MMXXVIII) will be a leap year starting on Saturday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2028th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 28th year of the 3rd millennium, the 28th year of the 21st century, and the 9th year of the 2020s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- April 14 – Partial solar eclipse.
- June 26 – Asteroid (153814) 2001 WN5 will pass 0.00166 AU (248,000 km; 154,000 mi) from the Earth.
- July 21–August 6 – The 2028 Summer Olympics will be held in Los Angeles, California, United States.
- July 22 – A total solar eclipse will be visible across Australia, including Sydney, and New Zealand.
- October 26 – Asteroid (35396) 1997 XF11 will pass 0.0062 AU (930,000 km; 580,000 mi) from the Earth.
- The Fehmarn Belt Fixed Link between Denmark and Germany is expected to be completed.
- End of replacement of A-10 Thunderbolt and F-16 Fighting Falcon fleets with F-35 Lightning II.
- Institution of African Monetary Union, bringing a common currency to members of the African Union.
- Lease on Moldauhafen port lot in Hamburg, Germany, to the Czech Republic is set to expire.
- The 2028 Summer Paralympics will be held in Los Angeles.
- Wharton, David. "Los Angeles makes deal to host 2028 Summer Olympics". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 31 July 2017.