2037 (MMXXXVII) will be a common year starting on Thursday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2037th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 37th year of the 3rd millennium, the 37th year of the 21st century, and the 8th year of the 2030s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- Certain documents relating to Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon's wishes to preserve a monarchy if the Nazis occupied the UK are to be released from the Royal Archives.
- According to estimates released in October 2007, the Far Ultraviolet Spectroscopic Explorer (FUSE) space telescope, decommissioned that month, will continue orbiting the earth until it burns up in the atmosphere approximately 30 years after its decommissioning.
- The 2037 Bomber, an optionally manned, stealthy, hypersonic, heavy-bomber is scheduled to enter service this year, as the USAF calculates that attrition will have reduced their existing strategic bomber fleet below the minimum 170 aircraft.
- The use of fossil fuels is hypothesized to become infrequent by this year in developed countries. Alternative fuels (like wind and solar) will eventually relegate the use of fossil fuels to the Middle East and to developing countries.
- The world's largest mud volcano, located in East Java, Indonesia, may have stopped erupting.
- The Oxford English Dictionary is expected to publish its completed revised third edition.
- "Saudi Arabia in the year 2037 - also deals with developed countries having alternative fuels". Archived from the original on July 23, 2001. Retrieved November 17, 2010.
- "Minority Report - Production Notes". Retrieved November 17, 2011.
- "Indonesian mud volcano flow 'to last 26 years'". BBC News. February 25, 2011.
- Rachman, Tom (January 27, 2014). "Deadline 2037: the making of the next Oxford English Dictionary". The Irish Times. Retrieved August 27, 2019.