2038 (MMXXXVIII) will be a common year starting on Friday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2038th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 38th year of the 3rd millennium, the 38th year of the 21st century, and the 9th year of the 2030s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- January 5 – Annular solar eclipse in the Caribbean Sea, Atlantic Ocean, and western Africa.
- January 19 – 03:14:08 UTC – Year 2038 problem: A common computing representation of date and time will overflow, with potential results similar to the year 2000 problem.
- April 12 – Documents related to the NSA's PRISM program are to be declassified by the United States Government.
- April 25 – Easter occurs on its latest possible date. The last time this occurred was in 1943. After 2038, the next time this will occur will be in 2190.
- December 26 – Total solar eclipse in Australia and New Zealand.
- New Horizons passes 100AU from the sun.
- The next triple ring plane crossing of Saturn will occur.
- Comet 9P/Tempel 1 passes near Earth in 2038. 
- "Verizon forced to hand over telephone data – full court ruling". The Guardian. London. June 6, 2013. Retrieved June 12, 2013.
- "New Horizons Salutes Voyager". spaceref.com. Retrieved March 9, 2019.
- "Cassini Solstice Mission". Cassini Solstice Mission.
- "Cassini Solstice Mission". Cassini Solstice Mission. Archived from the original on March 21, 2009.
- "Yahoo! Groups". yahoo.com.
- "Tempel 1: Fast Forward!". Retrieved March 28, 2019.