|Ab urbe condita||2798|
|Balinese saka calendar||1966–1967|
|British Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||甲子年 (Wood Rat)|
4741 or 4681
— to —
乙丑年 (Wood Ox)
4742 or 4682
|- Vikram Samvat||2101–2102|
|- Shaka Samvat||1966–1967|
|- Kali Yuga||5145–5146|
|Japanese calendar||Reiwa 27|
|Julian calendar||Gregorian minus 13 days|
|Minguo calendar||ROC 134|
|Thai solar calendar||2588|
2171 or 1790 or 1018
— to —
2172 or 1791 or 1019
|Unix time||2366841600 – 2398377599|
2045 (MMXLV) will be a common year starting on Sunday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2045th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 45th year of the 3rd millennium, the 45th year of the 21st century, and the 6th year of the 2040s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- August 12 – A solar eclipse will occur from northern California to Florida.
- Futurist Ray Kurzweil predicts a technological singularity for 2045, i.e. a runaway cycle of self-improvement by intelligent machines, resulting in explosive technological development.
- Based on Ray Kurzweil's ideas, Time magazine predicts humans will be immortal by this year.
- Demographic projections "foresee the population of Egypt overtaking that of Russia by 2045," according to Niall Ferguson.
- Two of Japan's largest cities - Tokyo and Osaka - will be connected by a direct high-speed maglev route.
- According to a 2003 NASA study, a manned mission and subsequent colonization of Jupiter's moon Callisto may become possible around this year.
- The 2045 Initiative ends.
- The Sky Mile Tower building in Japan will be completed at over 1 mile (1.6 km) tall.
- South Korean president Moon Jae-in proposed reunification of the Korean peninsula by 2045.[importance?]
- Lamb, Gregory M. (December 10, 2005). "Progress at light speed: Ray Kurzweil". USA Today. Retrieved January 28, 2008.
- Grossman, Lev (February 10, 2011). "Singularity: Kurzweil on 2045, When Humans, Machines Merge - TIME". Content.time.com. Retrieved November 11, 2015.
- "The Year the World Really Changed," Newsweek, November 16, 2009
-  Archived November 19, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- "High Power MPD Nuclear Electric Propulsion (NEP) for Artificial Gravity HOPE Missions to Callisto" (PDF). Trajectory.grc.nasa.gov. Archived from the original (PDF) on July 2, 2012. Retrieved November 11, 2015.
- McCurry, Justin (August 15, 2019). "Korean peninsula will be united by 2045, says Seoul amid Japan row". The Guardian. Retrieved August 16, 2019.