2045 (MMXLV) will be a common year starting on Sunday (dominical letter A) of the Gregorian calendar, the 2045th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 45th year of the 3rd millennium, the 45th year of the 21st century, and the 6th year of the 2040s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- August 12 – A solar eclipse will occur from northern California to Florida.
- Futurist Ray Kurzweil predicts a technological singularity for 2045, i.e. a runaway cycle of self-improvement by intelligent machines, resulting in explosive technological development.
- Based on Ray Kurzweil's ideas, Time magazine predicts humans will be immortal by this year.
- Demographic projections "foresee the population of Egypt overtaking that of Russia by 2045," according to Niall Ferguson.
- Two of Japan's largest cities - Tokyo and Osaka - will be connected by a direct high-speed maglev route.
- According to a 2003 NASA study, a manned mission and subsequent colonization of Jupiter's moon Callisto may become possible around this year 
- The 2045 Initiative ends.
- The science fiction TV series TekWar is in the year 2045.
- In the novel 2045: A Story of Our Future, Peter Seidel portrays what the world could be like in 2045, if current trends in environmental destruction, population growth, and economic inequality continue.
- Beginning of Corporation War in Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere.
- In South Africa white minority rule comes to an end as most of the whites are massacred in an uprising, in John Wyndham's The Outward Urge.
- The American Dad character Klaus has a body again and a grandson.
- The events portrayed in the movie Critters 4 take place in 2045.
- Time in History where Command & Conquer: Tiberium Wars, the 3rd Tiberium War takes place.
- In Macross 7, The main events of the series take place in this year.
- Doomsday in Angels & Airwaves movie L)VE (LOVE)
- The events of the novel Ready Player One by Ernest Cline take place in 2045.
- In the short film Doc Brown Saves the World, Doc Brown explains to the viewer that in the timeline depicted in Back to the Future Part II, a nuclear holocaust occurred in 2045 when a computer virus created by Griff Tannen accidentally caused the nuclear reactors inside every Mr. Fusion device in the world to simultaneously explode. To prevent this from occurring, Brown alters history to prevent the invention of Mr. Fusion (as well as food hydrators and hoverboards), thus explaining why the 2015 shown in Part II never came to pass.
- Lamb, Gregory M. (2005-12-10). "Progress at light speed: Ray Kurzweil". USA Today. Retrieved 2008-01-28.
- Grossman, Lev (2011-02-10). "Singularity: Kurzweil on 2045, When Humans, Machines Merge - TIME". Content.time.com. Retrieved 2015-11-11.
- "The Year the World Really Changed," Newsweek, November 16, 2009
-  Archived November 19, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- "High Power MPD Nuclear Electric Propulsion (NEP) for Artificial Gravity HOPE Missions to Callisto" (PDF). Trajectory.grc.nasa.gov. Retrieved 2015-11-11.