This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
2047 (MMXLVII) will be a common year starting on Tuesday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2047th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 47th year of the 3rd millennium, the 47th year of the 21st century, and the 8th year of the 2040s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- January 12 – A total lunar eclipse will take place.
- July - A METI message called Teen Age Message sent from the 70-meter Eupatoria Planetary Radar will arrive at its destination, 47 UMa star.
- July 1 – The present "one country, two systems" in Hong Kong may end, as it was guaranteed for 50 years starting from July 1, 1997, provided under the Hong Kong Basic Law. The agreement was raised by Deng Xiaoping to deal with Hong Kong's reunification with the People's Republic of China in 1997, and stipulated in the Sino-British Joint Declaration of 1984. What will be done is not stated in any document.
- July 7 – A total lunar eclipse will take place.
- December 31 – After this date, works published between January 1, 1978, and December 31, 2002, have the possibility of entering the public domain in the United States. U.S. copyright law specifically prohibits any work created during that period from automatically entering the public domain before this date.