This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
2048 (MMXLVIII) will be a leap year starting on Wednesday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2048th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 48th year of the 3rd millennium, the 48th year of the 21st century, and the 9th year of the 2040s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- January 1 – A total lunar eclipse will take place.
- January 14 – The Protocol on Environmental Protection to the Antarctic Treaty will come up for review.
- February 29 – There will be a rare full moon. This will be the first instance of a full moon on a leap day since 1972.
- June 26 – A partial lunar eclipse will take place.
- Loftus, Tobi. "Where to see the Super Blue Blood Moon in Toowoomba". Warwick Daily News.
- Brady, Anne-Marie (2017). China as a Polar Great Power. Cambridge University Press. p. 225. ISBN 9781316844670.