From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Notable predictions and known events
- World population is predicted to reach 9.3 billion people, according to United Nations Population Division.
- French demographist Emmanuel Todd predicts worldwide zero population growth birth rates by 2050.
- China, United States, India, Brazil and Mexico will be the largest economies in the world, according to a Goldman Sachs study.
- Expected completion of a space elevator by 2050.
- Predictions have been made for commercial hypersonic air travel by 2050.
- Denmark's energy supply is planned to be supplied only by renewable energies in 2050.
- The Dexter's Laboratory television movie released in 1999, Ego Trip, has some scenes that take place in 2055.
- The film Minority Report takes place in 2054.
- The film Renaissance takes place in Paris in 2054.
- The film Red Planet takes place in 2057.
- The film Lost In Space begins in 2058.
- John Christopher's novel The Guardians takes place during the years 2052 and 2053.
- J.D. Robb's In Death mystery series takes place during the years 2058–59.
- The video game Deus Ex takes place in 2052.
- In the video game series Killzone, World War III began and ended in the 2050s.
- The short story A Sound of Thunder takes place in 2055.
- According to the film Star Trek: First Contact, World War III will end in 2053, with an ultimate death toll of over 600 million.
- The Disney film Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century takes place in the late 2040s. The second movie Zenon: The Zequel takes place in 2051, two years after the first movie, and the third movie in the series, Zenon: Z3 takes place in 2054.
- The racing video game Wipeout takes place in the year 2052.
- The film Love Story 2050 takes place in 2050.
- The anime Macross Frontier takes place in 2059.
- "The Waters of Mars", an episode of Doctor Who, takes place in 2059.
- The film Repo! The Genetic Opera takes place in 2057.
- July 5, 2050, the date referenced in the song "Toothless Hawkins and his Robot Jazz Band" by Varien & Razihel will take place.
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare takes place in the year 2054 with North Korea invading Seoul, South Korea.
- The events in the video game Xenoblade Chronicles X take place in 2054.
- "World population to reach 9.1 billion in 2050, UN projects". UN News Center. 24 February 2005.
- Todd, Emmanuel (2003). After the Empire: The Breakdown of the American Order. New York: Columbia University Press. ISBN 0-231-13102-X.
- Wilson, Dominic; Stupnytska, Anna (March 28, 2007). "The N-11: More Than an Acronym" (PDF). Global Economics Paper. 153.
- Rebecca Boyle (2012-02-23). "Japanese Construction Company Plans Space Elevator By 2050". Australian Popular Science. Retrieved 2012-02-29.
- "Hypersonic Zehst jet will fly in 2050 on seaweed biofuel". Wired UK.
- "Our future energy" (PDF). The Danish government. The Danish Ministry of Climate and Energy. November 2011. Retrieved 2012-04-26.