Jump to navigation Jump to search
Notable predictions and known events
- World population is predicted to reach 9.3 billion people, according to United Nations Population Division.
- French demographist Emmanuel Todd predicts worldwide zero population growth birth rates by 2050.
- China, United States, India, Brazil and Mexico will be the largest economies in the world, according to a Goldman Sachs study.
- Expected completion of a space elevator by 2050.
- Predictions have been made for commercial hypersonic air travel by 2050.
- Denmark's energy supply is planned to be supplied only by renewable energies in 2050.
- "World population to reach 9.1 billion in 2050, UN projects". UN News Center. 24 February 2005.
- Todd, Emmanuel (2003). After the Empire: The Breakdown of the American Order. New York: Columbia University Press. ISBN 0-231-13102-X.
- Wilson, Dominic; Stupnytska, Anna (March 28, 2007). "The N-11: More Than an Acronym" (PDF). Global Economics Paper. 153. Archived from the original (PDF) on March 31, 2010.
- Rebecca Boyle (2012-02-23). "Japanese Construction Company Plans Space Elevator By 2050". Australian Popular Science. Retrieved 2012-02-29.
- "Hypersonic Zehst jet will fly in 2050 on seaweed biofuel". Wired UK.
- "Our future energy" (PDF). The Danish government. The Danish Ministry of Climate and Energy. November 2011. Retrieved 2012-04-26.