2052 (MMLII) will be a leap year starting on Monday (dominical letter GF) of the Gregorian calendar, the 2052nd year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 52nd year of the 3rd millennium, the 52nd year of the 21st century, and the 3rd year of the 2050s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- March 30 – There will be a total solar eclipse, beginning over the Line Islands and passing over Mexico with the centre of the eclipse passing the tip of the Mississippi Delta, and then continuing over Georgia and Savannah.
- December 6 – The closest supermoon of the century will occur.
- In Stephen Baxter's novel Flood, Mount Everest – the highest point on Earth – is submerged in this year.
- On the ABC series Defying Gravity, the Antares 6-year space mission begins in this year.
- In the Futurama episode "A Big Piece of Garbage", NASA sends all of Earth's garbage into space in a cluster of a giant sphere aboard a rocket.
- On the HBO show 'Westworld', the 'present day' timeline takes place in 2052. Video footage from the official website, which has since been removed, stated that the security data is from Jun 15, 2052. It has now been replaced with xx/xx/xxxx.
- The events of Deus Ex take place in this year.
- The racing video game Wipeout takes place in this year.
- According to the Fallout Universe the United Nations have been disbanded on July 26 of this year.
- Sergeant Cortez and Amy Chen raid U-Genix in TimeSplitters: Future Perfect in 2052.
- The third act of Command and Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath takes places in 2052.