|Ab urbe condita||2810|
|Balinese saka calendar||1978–1979|
|British Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||丙子年 (Fire Rat)
4753 or 4693
— to —
丁丑年 (Fire Ox)
4754 or 4694
|- Vikram Samvat||2113–2114|
|- Shaka Samvat||1978–1979|
|- Kali Yuga||5157–5158|
|Japanese calendar||Heisei 69
|Julian calendar||Gregorian minus 13 days|
|Minguo calendar||ROC 146
|Thai solar calendar||2600|
2057 (MMLVII) will be a common year starting on Monday (dominical letter G) of the Gregorian calendar, the 2057th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 57th year of the 3rd millennium, the 57th year of the 21st century, and the 8th year of the 2050s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- This year will see the very rare occurrence of two total solar eclipses in a single calendar year (on January 5 and December 26). The last time this occurred was 1889. The next time it will occur is 2252. (Eclipse predictions by Fred Espenak, NASA/GSFC.)
- February – A METI message Cosmic Call 1 sent from the 70-meter Eupatoria Planetary Radar arrives at its destination, 15 Sge star.
- May – A METI message, called the Teen Age Message, sent from the 70-meter Eupatoria Planetary Radar arrives at its destination, HD 76151 star.
- December – A METI message, called the Teen Age Message, sent from the 70-meter Eupatoria Planetary Radar arrives at its destination, 37 Gem star.
- In the UK Midland Expressway Ltd (MEL) contract to run the M6 Toll expires.
- The world's oil supply is officially depleted.
- In 2007, a documentary series aired on the Discovery Channel that portrayed the technology, lifestyle, and state of the world in 2057.
- The movie Sunshine takes place in 2057.
- The mega-corporation Buy 'N Large is founded in 2057 in the Pixar Animation Studios film WALL-E.
- The start of the first episode of Oban Star-Racers takes place in 2057, saying the Earth went to war with a race of aliens during that year.
- The movie Repo! The Genetic Opera is mostly set in 2057 except for the graphic novel style flashbacks which are set in 2040.
- The "In Death" book series by J.D. Robb (Nora Roberts) begins in 2057.
- The events of the 2000 film Red Planet take place from 2056 to 2057.
- The novel The Accidental Time Machine opens in 2057.