|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||2030s 2040s 2050s – 2060s – 2070s 2080s 2090s|
|Years:||2057 2058 2059 – 2060 – 2061 2062 2063|
|Ab urbe condita||2813|
|British Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||己卯年 (Earth Rabbit)
4756 or 4696
— to —
庚辰年 (Metal Dragon)
4757 or 4697
|- Vikram Samvat||2116–2117|
|- Shaka Samvat||1981–1982|
|- Kali Yuga||5160–5161|
|Japanese calendar||Heisei 72
|Julian calendar||Gregorian minus 13 days|
|Minguo calendar||ROC 149
|Thai solar calendar||2603|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2060.|
2060 (MMLX) will be a leap year starting on Thursday (dominical letter DC) of the Gregorian calendar, the 2060th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 60th year of the 3rd millennium, the 60th year of the 21st century, and the 1st year of the 2060s decade.
- April 30 – A solar eclipse is predicted to occur.
- October 24 – A solar eclipse is predicted to occur.
- One third of the world's energy could be solar, according to projections by the International Energy Agency (IEA).
- Temperatures could rise by 4°C.
- Sea levels will rise by 9-24 inches.
- China and India combined will be economically larger than the entire developed world.
- The Office for National Statistics has predicted that the United Kingdom's population will be 81 million.
- Japan estimates that 40% of its population will be of retirement age, whilst its population will have shrunk by 30% from its maximum.
- Isaac Newton predicted that the world, according to his interpretation of the Bible, would end no sooner than 2060.
- In The Planet of Doubt, the Young expedition explores Uranus.
- The storyline of the anime The Wonderful Galaxy of Oz is set in the year 2060.
- On September 14, in the game Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, the United Nations Starship Unity launches from the remnants of Earth to the Alpha Centauri System and the planet Chiron.
- BE, a concept album by Swedish progressive metal band Pain of Salvation, tells that in this year the human population will be reduced to only 1.2 million.
- "Total Solar Eclipse of 2060 Apr 30". Retrieved 2013-06-23.
- "Annular Solar Eclipse of 2060 Oct 24". NASA. Retrieved 2013-06-23.
- "One Third of World's Energy Could Be Solar by 2060, Predicts Historically Conservative IEA". World Future Energy Summit. December 2, 2011. Retrieved 2013-06-23.
- "Cancun climate change summit: temperatures could rise 4C by 2060". Telegraph. November 29, 2010. Retrieved 2013-06-23.
- "Could big bills from extreme weather drive climate action?". Thomson Reuters Foundation. 2013-06-21. Retrieved 2013-06-23.
- "Sea level rise in South Florida: expect floods, sea wall woes". Sun Sentinel. 2013-06-20. Retrieved 2013-06-23.
- Walker, Andrew (2012-11-09). "OECD: 'Dramatic shift' in balance of economic power". BBC. Retrieved 2013-06-23.
- Easton, Mark (2012-07-16). "England and Wales population up". BBC. Retrieved 2013-06-23.
- "Japan's lower house passes sales tax bill". BBC. 2012-06-26. Retrieved 2013-06-23.
- Lah, Kyung (2012-01-30). "Japan's population faces dramatic decline". CNN. Retrieved 2013-06-23.
- "The world will end in 2060, according to Newton". London Evening Standard. Retrieved 2013-06-23.