|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||2030s 2040s 2050s – 2060s – 2070s 2080s 2090s|
|Years:||2058 2059 2060 – 2061 – 2062 2063 2064|
|Ab urbe condita||2814|
|British Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||庚辰年 (Metal Dragon)
4757 or 4697
— to —
辛巳年 (Metal Snake)
4758 or 4698
|- Vikram Samvat||2117–2118|
|- Shaka Samvat||1982–1983|
|- Kali Yuga||5161–5162|
|Japanese calendar||Heisei 73
|Julian calendar||Gregorian minus 13 days|
|Minguo calendar||ROC 150
|Thai solar calendar||2604|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2061.|
2061 (MMLXI) will be a common year starting on Saturday (dominical letter B) of the Gregorian calendar, the 2061st year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 61st year of the 3rd millennium, the 61st year of the 21st century, and the 2nd year of the 2060s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- April 20 – A total solar eclipse will occur.
- July 28 – Halley's Comet reaches its perihelion, the closest point to the Sun—the last return reached its perihelion on February 9, 1986.
- October 13 – An annular solar eclipse will occur.
- December 31
- Expiration of the Singapore-Malaysia Water Agreement.
- The American Association for the Advancement of Science completes an effort—begun in 1985—to "help all Americans become literate in science, mathematics, and technology," based on defined benchmarks.
- The novel 2061: Odyssey Three takes place in the year 2061.
- Television: The Twilight Zone, Rip Van Winkle Caper (1961). Four men pull a gold heist, go into suspended animation for 100 years hoping the robbery will be forgotten.
- May 21 – The Last Question is asked for the first time.
- Around June in "The Rip Van Winkle Caper" episode of The Twilight Zone, three of the four gold burglars awake from a century of being in a state of suspended animation.
- September 12 – The events of the Commodore 64 computer game Project Firestart begin.
- Real Drive, a television show, takes place.
- Red Mars details the first Mars revolution and the Third World War on Earth, in the plot of Kim Stanley Robinson's novel.
- Heart of the Comet details an expedition to capture Halley's Comet
- Galilei Donna, an anime television series, is set in this year.
- In the Star Trek: Enterprise episode "Carpenter Street", this year is mentioned in relation to the depletion of earth's fossil fuels.
- "Total Solar Eclipse of 2061 April 20". NASA.
- "Moon mine 'could start in 50 years'". BBC News. January 2, 2012.
- "Annular Solar Eclipse of 2061 April 20". NASA.
- "Programs: Education: Project 2061". American Association for the Advancement of Science. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- "Galilei Donna, Samurai Flamenco Anime's TV Ad Posted". Anime News Network. 2013-09-05. Retrieved 2013-12-30.