|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Ab urbe condita||2843|
|British Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||己酉年 (Earth Rooster)
4786 or 4726
— to —
庚戌年 (Metal Dog)
4787 or 4727
|- Vikram Samvat||2146–2147|
|- Shaka Samvat||2011–2012|
|- Kali Yuga||5190–5191|
|Japanese calendar||Heisei 102
|Julian calendar||Gregorian minus 13 days|
|Minguo calendar||ROC 179
|Thai solar calendar||2633|
2090 (MMXC) will be a common year starting on Sunday (dominical letter A) of the Gregorian calendar, the 2090th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 90th year of the 3rd millennium, the 90th year of the 21st century, and the 1st year of the 2090s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- September 23 – Solar eclipse of September 23, 2090 in the North Atlantic. The next total eclipse visible in England follows a track similar to that of August 11, 1999, but shifted slightly further north and occurring very near sunset. Maximum duration in Cornwall will be 2 minutes and 10 seconds. Same date as the Solar eclipse of September 23, 1699.
- The European Energy Council and Greenpeace believes that the entire world can be powered by renewable energy by 2090.
- The racing game Ballistics is set in 2090.
- In the Star Trek universe, the Orpheus Mining Colony on Luna is established. (From Star Trek Enterprise: "Terra Prime").
- In the 1994 Disney series, Timon & Pumbaa Episode "Amazon Quiver", the ending sets in this year.