|Ab urbe condita||2852|
|Balinese saka calendar||2020–2021|
|British Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||戊午年 (Earth Horse)
4795 or 4735
— to —
己未年 (Earth Goat)
4796 or 4736
|- Vikram Samvat||2155–2156|
|- Shaka Samvat||2020–2021|
|- Kali Yuga||5199–5200|
|Japanese calendar||Heisei 111
|Julian calendar||Gregorian minus 13 days|
|Minguo calendar||ROC 188
|Thai solar calendar||2642|
2099 (MMXCIX) will be a common year starting on Thursday (dominical letter D) of the Gregorian calendar, the 2099th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 99th year of the 3rd millennium, the 99th year of the 21st century, and the 10th and last year of the 2090s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- According to one study, 83% of the Amazon rainforest may have been destroyed.
- The 100-year lease on toll Highway 407 in Ontario, Canada ends and full control of the electronic toll expressway returns to the Government of Ontario.
- In 1992, Marvel Comics released several future-based comic book series as part of its Marvel 2099 line. Spider-Man 2099, the lead title in the line, was accompanied by other books such as X-Men, Punisher, Doom, Ghost Rider and many others, each including "2099" in the title.
- Beginning date of Judge Dredd stories in British comic 2000 AD. Judge Dredd stories are set 122 years into the future and progress forward in 'real time' (so stories from 1977 are set in 2099, and stories from 2007 are set in 2129).
- The 2099 series by John Peel are set in this year.
- The science fiction radio sitcom Nebulous is set in this year.
- In 1996, Marvel Comics and DC Comics teamed up to create Amalgam Comics it released several future-based comic book series called Legion of Galactic Guardians 2099.
- "No rainforest, no monsoon: get ready for a warmer world". NewScientist.