20 Forthlin Road
|20 Forthlin Road|
|Location||Allerton, Liverpool, England, United Kingdom|
20 Forthlin Road is a National Trust property in Allerton in south Liverpool, Merseyside, England. It is the house in which Paul McCartney lived for several years before he rose to fame with the Beatles, and it is labelled by the National Trust as "the birthplace of the Beatles". It was also the home of his brother Mike and the birthplace of the trio the Scaffold, of which Mike was a member.
The house has been in the ownership of the National Trust since 1995. The Trust markets the house as "the birthplace of the Beatles", since this is the place where the Beatles composed and rehearsed their earliest songs.
Unlike Lennon's childhood home Mendips, 20 Forthlin Road does not have an English Heritage blue plaque and is currently ineligible to receive one. English Heritage issue a plaque once the figure has "been dead for 20 years, or [has] passed the centenary of their birth".
The home was featured in an edition of Carpool Karaoke, which aired on the 22 June 2018, episode of The Late Late Show with James Corden. Corden visited there with Paul McCartney, who said it was his first visit to the home since he moved away in his late teens.
- Mendips – childhood home of John Lennon; another National Trust property
- 12 Arnold Grove – birthplace of George Harrison
- 10 Admiral Grove – Ringo Starr's childhood home
- "Liverpool: Beatle Homes". Jacobs School of Music. Indiana University. 13 June 2008. Archived from the original on 10 February 2010. Retrieved 23 February 2010.
- "20 Forthlin Road". InfoBritain. 3 September 2009. Archived from the original on 24 September 2015. Retrieved 23 February 2010.
- "20 Forthlin Road". National Trust. 2010. Archived from the original on 13 March 2010. Retrieved 23 February 2010.
- "Selection Criteria". Blue Plaques. English Heritage. 2010. Archived from the original on 11 March 2005. Retrieved 23 February 2010.
- "Selection Criteria for Blue Plaques" (PDF). English Heritage. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- BBC News, 29 February 2012: Lennon and McCartney homes given Grade II listed status Linked 2015-06-18
- The Late Late Show with James Corden (21 June 2018), Paul McCartney Carpool Karaoke, retrieved 22 June 2018