The studio's 2013 logo
|Parent||20th Century Fox Television|
(Walt Disney Television)
Twentieth Television (also known as 20th Television) is an American television syndication studio and the syndication arm of 20th Century Fox Television, which itself is a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company.
20th Television was formed in 1989 by Fox, Inc. (the News Corporation unit that oversaw 20th Century Fox at that time) in order to separate 20th Century Fox's television productions (which were previously handled by its 20th Century Fox Television division) from the movie studio in order to increase the latter's output. During this time, 20th Television and 20th Century Fox served as two of Fox's four main units, along with the Fox Broadcasting Company and Fox Television Stations. Following a 1994 restructuring of Fox's television production companies, 20th Television was refocused on syndication and "non-traditional programs"; its network television division was moved back to 20th Century Fox and retook the 20th Century Fox Television name.
20th Television distributes almost all programming from the television production unit and its subsidiaries and the motion picture studio's output (and their own subdivisions); since sister company 20th Century Fox Television produces most of the Fox network programming, 20th Television can also be considered the network's syndication arm. It owns programming from other production companies and studios they have acquired, including MTM Enterprises, most by Metromedia Producers Corporation, and most by New World Entertainment (including those by Four Star Television and Genesis Entertainment).
As part of the restructuring that stemmed from News Corporation spinning off its entertainment assets into 21st Century Fox, it was announced on July 8, 2013, that 20th Television will operate under the management of 20th Century Fox Television; it was previously under Fox Television Stations. As a result, the former company's president will now report to the latter's chairmen.
- 20th Century Fox Television
- Fox 21 Television Studios
- Disney–ABC Home Entertainment and Television Distribution
- ABC Studios
- Horn, John (July 12, 1989). "20th Century Fox Restructures Film, Television Units". Associated Press. Retrieved December 27, 2012.
- Harmetz, Aljean; Special to The New York Times (1989-07-13). "A Revamping of Fox Film Puts Emphasis on Movies". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-03-30.
- "2 Named to Executive Posts in Fox TV Restructuring". Los Angeles Times. December 5, 1994. Retrieved December 27, 2012.
- "'Feud', 'Dead Zone' Both Clear 85% of Country". TV News Check. January 11, 2007. Retrieved March 13, 2012.
- Guider, Elizabeth (January 11, 2007). "'Dead Zone' headed to syndication". Variety. Retrieved January 29, 2013.
- "21st Century Fox Realigns TV Syndication, Distribution Biz Under 20th Century Fox TV". Deadline Hollywood. July 8, 2013. Retrieved January 21, 2018.