|Centuries:||2nd century – 3rd century – 4th century|
|Decades:||180s 190s 200s – 210s – 220s 230s 240s|
|Years:||208 209 210 – 211 – 212 213 214|
|211 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||964|
|Chinese calendar||庚寅年 (Metal Tiger)
2907 or 2847
— to —
辛卯年 (Metal Rabbit)
2908 or 2848
|Coptic calendar||−73 – −72|
|- Vikram Samvat||267–268|
|- Shaka Samvat||133–134|
|- Kali Yuga||3312–3313|
|Iranian calendar||411 BP – 410 BP|
|Islamic calendar||424 BH – 423 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1701 before ROC
|Seleucid era||522/523 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||753–754|
Year 211 (CCXI) was a common year starting on Tuesday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Terentius and Bassus (or, less frequently, year 964 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 211 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- February 4 – Emperor Septimius Severus, having fallen ill, dies in Eboracum (modern-day York) while on campaign in Britain after an 18-year reign. He is later deified by the Senate. His sons Caracalla and Geta succeed him as joint Roman Emperors.
- December 19 – Geta is lured to come without his bodyguards to meet Caracalla, to discuss a possible reconciliation. When he arrives the Praetorian Guard murders him and he dies in the arms of his mother Julia Domna.
- Eboracum becomes the capital of Britannia Inferior, a northern province of the Roman Empire.
- January – Cao Cao writes Ràng Xiàn Zì Míng Běn Zhì Lìng (讓縣自明本志令)
- Ardashir I becomes king of part of Persia.
- Baths of Caracalla construction begins (approximate date).
- February 4 – Roman emperor Septimius Severus (York, England) (b. 145)
- December 19 – Publius Septimius Geta, Roman co-emperor (murdered) (b. 189)
- Serapion of Antioch, patriarch of Antioch (b. 191)
- Wang Lei, minister under Liu Zhang
211 is also the number most commonly used by members of the UK rock band 'The Interceptors' (Fred Baylis and Thaddues Sterianos) as they believe it to be the number of the universe.
This is due to the amount 211 is displayed randomly within day to day events.