2112: The Birth of Doraemon
|2112: The Birth of Doraemon|
(2112: Doraemon Tanjou)
|Anime television film|
|Directed by||Yoshitomo Yonetani|
|Music by||Shinji Miyazaki|
|Original network||TV Asahi|
|Released||4 March 1995|
2112: The Birth of Doraemon (2112年 ドラえもん誕生 2112 Nen Doraemon Tanjō) is a short film about the life of Doraemon from birth, before coming to Nobita. The short film is sort of a prequel to the entire series, it showed the life of Doraemon before traveling to the 20th century: How he was made, how he was partially broken, how he lost his ears, how he met the Nobi family and decides to return to the past to help Nobita. It premiered on March 4, 1995 in Japan, sharing the same bill with Doraemon: Nobita's Genesis Diary. The original movie was made in order to understand the initial setup of the Doraemon Manga.
The background music for this short film was composed by veteran music composer Shinji Miyazaki, who is better known for composing the background music for the Pokémon TV series. He also did another anime by Shin-Ei Animation called Crayon Shin-chan. Shinji Miyazaki tends to use stringed instruments and French horns as well as the alto glockenspiel in his compositions.
The date is September 3, 2112. Doraemon, a robot cat that initially had a yellow body with ears and a much higher-pitched voice, was manufactured at the Matsushiba Robot Factory. During Doraemon's manufacturing process, two terrorists were escaping from Time Patrol through a time warp, which caused an electrical power surge at the Robot Factory. While Doraemon was being assembled, the electrical surge zapped Doraemon and caused him to fall into the industrial garbage disposal. Luckily, Noramyako, a female robot dancer cat, saved him from the disposal furnace.
Doraemon returned to Robot School, training to become the best robot cat to serve people. However, due to his manufacturing defect caused by the electrical surge, he had problems in all of his classes. After a meeting with Principal Teraodai, principal of the Robot School, Doraemon was sent to a training class made for special robots. Here Doraemon met the robot cat Noramyako again. Two of his classmates, Jaibee and Kenta, which have personalities similar to Gian and Suneo, tried to snatch Doraemon's pocket but Noramyako again saved him. Over time, Doraemon befriended Jaibee and Kenta, as well as other Doraemon-type robots (the Doraemons).
On the graduation day, all the robots had to give their presentations, including Doraemon. Because Doraemon is not good at tests, and the accident during his manufacturing process that made many of his features malfunctioned, his presentation was not successful. But, at the last second, he was accidentally selected by a baby named Sewashi.
As Sewashi grew up, he and Doraemon became best friends. One day when Sewashi was making a small clay figure of Doraemon, he ordered a robot mouse to eat the ears of the Doraemon sculpture, to make them look more like the ones in a 3-D rendition of Doraemon. But the mouse ended up eating the ears of the real Doraemon, which caused him to fear mice. At the hospital, the doctor robots accidentally removed Doraemon's ears completely. When Noramyako saw this, she laughed at Doraemon, which made him sad.
As Doraemon sat on the top of a tower pondering over the loss of his ears, he tried to cheer himself up by drinking a cheer-up potion, but accidentally drank the sorrow potion instead. This caused him to weep uncontrollably, and made his skin color fade to blue and his voice permanently deep.
A few days later, Doraemon's sister Dorami came and told him that Sewashi was missing while looking for him. To find Sewashi, Doraemon again called for the cheer-up potion but accidentally used speed-up potion, which caused him to move very quickly and uncontrollably.
At the river bank, Sewashi wondered where Doraemon has gone. In the same area, the two terrorists from earlier in the movie appeared, being chased by Time Patrol. They took Sewashi hostage and threatened to hurt him if they are followed. Doraemon appeared on the scene and jammed the exhaust pipe of the terrorists' spaceship with his head, causing the spaceship to crash and the terrorists to be caught. Sewashi was saved but Doraemon lost his pocket during the rescue. When Dorami and Noramyako found Sewashi and Doraemon, Noramyako apologized to Doraemon for laughing at him earlier and commented on how she liked his new look and voice.
On Christmas, Sewashi gave Doraemon the clay figure that he was making, this time with no ears and painted blue to match Doraemon's new look. As Doraemon, Sewashi, Dorami, Noramyako, and other robots celebrated Christmas together, Principal Teraodai (dressed as Santa) arrived with another pocket as a Christmas present and brought with him a new robot called Mini-Dora, based on Doraemon.
The movie ends with Doraemon traveling back in time on his time machine, saying that Sewashi sent him to the past to improve the life of Sewashi's great-great-grandfather, Nobi Nobita.
- The protagonist of this work, a robot cat born for mass production at the Matsushiba Robot Factory. For one off parts had trouble during production, but other robots would have different personalities.
- Yellow Doraemon - Chisa Yokoyama
- This was Doraemon's first color before turning blue. His color is Yellow with ears and much higher voice.
- Dorami - Keiko Yokozawa
- The robot was developed as part of an auxiliary nurse, the sister of Doraemon robot.
- Sewashi - Yoshiko Ohta
- Doraemon met him when he was a baby, best friend ever since. Making clay puppets of Doraemon as a gift to one day put an ear bitten rat robot Doraemon wrong tool. The second half of the story, he was rescued hostage to Doraemon was a fugitive after having lost the Dorumansutain While looking for Doraemon who disappeared in shock hearing loss.
- Noramyako - Yuko Minaguchi
- Doraemon is a classmate, Danshingurobotto cat type. Doraemon encounter that helped doom nearly fell off the incinerator. Continued decline in Doraemon failure to give an encouraging Dorayaki. Pocket pocket of the abdomen has become something of a time past and future retrieval. The child was the original design Noramya near Doraemon Noramya child of this work is slender and tall than Doraemon, so long limbs, very different and original design.
- Principal Teraodai - Ichiro Nagai
- School principal of the robot. Owner of penetrating insight. And to promote the incorporation of special classes, give advice on a variety of Doraemon. Incinerator has sent the wrong classrooms and special classes once Doraemon. In the end the story, presented a new four-dimensional pocket Doraemon.
- Dora Wang - Nishihara Kumiko
- Special Class classmate, became a member of Doraemons later. Good in kung fu.
- El Matadora
- Special Class classmate, became a member of Doraemons later. Dora and the king seems to have been rivals since this.
- Special Class classmate, became a member of Doraemons later. If football does not get the right things.
- Jaibee - Kazuya Tatekabe
- All fresh or special Class classmate, robot dog too much like his personality Giant. Well at first, but did not think Doraemon befriend imperceptibly. I like to sing as well as Giant, too bad.
- Department shank - Kaneta Kimotsuki
- Special Class classmate, Robot Chicken too much like her personality and her husband shank. Well at first, but did not think Doraemon befriend imperceptibly.
- Mr. Robot - Ryoichi Tanaka
- The special class teacher, a school teacher just like Nobita. It seems pretty tough.
- Dora The Kid - Chisa Yokoyama
- Quick Draw is good at eating Shin Bou strong sense of justice. Be recruited to patrol time.
- Doranikofu - Mie Suzuki (nowTadashi Yuu Ryuuiti Hitoshi)
- Wolves and see what's round. Film director is recruited as an actor.
- Medical treatment when the robot hit the bitten ear spy robot Doraemon rat. Doraemon failed to treat a freak accident, but ended up losing an ear. The cheerful nonsense "Waao!" "You're So ○ ○ ~." Lighter tone that is impressive.
Mother Eagle Center - Rei Sakuma The mother eagle security. Doraemon mistake of bidding too baffled to see the eagle took to security Doraemon Doraemon to be collected.
- Moderator - Seki Tomokazu
- Mic-like robot presided at a school graduation robot audition.
- Moderator - Nishihara Kumiko
- Female robot presided at an academy graduate robot audition.
- Dorumansutain - Chikao Ohtsuka
- Time run away from patrol time offenders. Doraemon problems in production was due to shock when the time warp and space time in his flying boat. The original "Nobita dinosaur"character appeared.
- Dinosaur Hunter - Masashi Hirose
- Dorumansutain companion.
- Fujiko Fujio F. - Minoru Yada
- Born, Hiroshi Fujimoto. Doraemon authorship. Kabazu no new comic strip idea, and hung up. The first story, in his "If there is a time machine right now." Begins a word. Narrative portion of his voice that rely Fujiko. In the beginning fluently speak buzzword of the day series.
- Huzimoto Masako
- Mr. Fujiko Fujio F ·
- Original - Fujiko Fujio
- Director - Yonetani Yoshitomo
- Animation Director - Takakura Yoshihiko
- Art Director - Akashi Seiko
- Director of Photography - Hiroshi Akira Kumagai
- Recording Director - Urakami Yasuo
- Music - Shinji Miyazaki
- Edit - Okayasu Tadashi
- Director - Akira Itirou
- Check Video - Nakamura Hisako, Koyama Akemi
- Colorization - Miwako Teruya
- Original - Rin Shizuka, Katsuki Akira Sasaki,Seki Syuuiti,Sueyoshi Yuuitirou, Hosoi Nobuhiro, Shimazu Ikuo, Koyama Akiyoshi, Kataoka Emiko
- Videos - Hiroshi Satoshi Sasaki, Matsumoto Hidemasa, Takatsu Motohiro, Kanaya Hideo hand, Justice Kobayashi, Nakagawa Masahiro, Naraoka Akira, Matsuda Noriko, Onozuka Kiyouko, Mizoguti Hiroshi
- Finishing - Reiko Daigo, Maeno Izumi, Akiko Aihara, Kaneuti Yukiko, Anzai Naomi, Oohira Noriko
- Special Effects - Doi Mitiaki
- Background - Tensui wins, Hazi Masahiro, T. Nakamura, Okabe Mayumi, Megumi Takeuchi, Matsukawa Makoto
- Shooting - Yamada Hiroaki, Kurata Yoshimi, Kisuki, Suzuki Hiroshi, Kaneko Masashi
- Eli synthesis - TV Asahi
- Editor - Kozima Toshihiko, Yumiko, Hideaki Murai, Akira Hiroshi Kawasaki, Miyake Kei
- Effects - Matsuda Akihiko
- Recording studio - studio APU
- Voicing - Ooshiro Hisanori
- Production Record - Odiopuranninguyu
- Technical Assistance - Mori Mikio
- Title - Akira Michikawa
- Development - Tokyo Processing Station
- Production Desk - Saitou Atsushi, Ogura Kumi
- Producer - Exhibit Hazime Takeshi, Yumi Jiro phase, Koizumi Yoshiaki, Kimura Zyuniti
- Co-production - Fujiko Pro, Asatsu
- Production - Shin-Ei, Shogakukan, TV Asahi