|Centuries:||2nd century – 3rd century – 4th century|
|Decades:||180s 190s 200s – 210s – 220s 230s 240s|
|Years:||215 216 217 – 218 – 219 220 221|
|218 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||971|
|Chinese calendar||丁酉年 (Fire Rooster)
2914 or 2854
— to —
戊戌年 (Earth Dog)
2915 or 2855
|Coptic calendar||−66 – −65|
|- Vikram Samvat||274–275|
|- Shaka Samvat||140–141|
|- Kali Yuga||3319–3320|
|Iranian calendar||404 BP – 403 BP|
|Islamic calendar||416 BH – 415 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1694 before ROC
|Seleucid era||529/530 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||760–761|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 218.|
Year 218 (CCXVIII) was a common year starting on Thursday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Severus and Adventus (or, less frequently, year 971 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 218 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- May 16 – Julia Maesa, an aunt of the assassinated Caracalla, is banished to her home in Syria by the self-proclaimed emperor Macrinus and declares her grandson Elagabalus, age 14, emperor of Rome.
- June 8 – Battle of Antioch: Elagabalus defeats with support of the Syrian legions the forces of Macrinus. Macrinus flees, but is captured near Chalcedon and later executed in Cappadocia.
- Diadumenianus, son of Macrinus, escapes to the Parthian court, but is captured at Zeugma and also put to death.
- The silver content of the Roman denarius falls to 43 percent under emperor Elagabalus, down from 50 percent under Septimius Severus, as he empties the treasury with his excesses while his grandmother, Julia Maesa, rules the Empire.
- Gan Ning (approximate date) (b. 175)
- Han Hao, general under Cao Cao
- Jin Yi, minister of Han Dynasty
- Lei Tong
- Yue Jin, commander under Cao Cao