21st Armoured Brigade (Greece)
|21st Armoured Cavalry Brigade "Pindus" XXVI Τεθωρακισμένη Ταξιαρχία Ιππικού «ΠΙΝΔΟΣ»|
Emblem of the 21st Armoured Brigade
|Part of||20th Armoured Division (Greece)|
|Garrison/HQ||Komotini, Western Thrace|
|Motto(s)||Not how many, but where|
The 21st Armoured Brigade was planned in 1968, but delays in acquiring the necessary equipment meant that it began forming at Litochoro on 1 December 1970, and was moved to the Komotini-Alexandroupoli area in September 1971. Upon the completion of its formation in 1971, the Brigade comprised the 211th and 212th Medium Tank Battalions (211 & 212 ΕΜΑ), the 21st Reconnaissance Company (21 ΙΛΑΝ), and various support companies.
21st Armoured Cavalry Brigade "Pindus"
- HQ Company (ΙΣΤ)
- 211th Medium Tank Battalion (211 ΕΜΑ)
- 212th Medium Tank Battalion (212 ΕΜΑ)
- 646 Mechanized Infantry Battalion (646 M/K ΤΠ)
- 140 Self Propelled Artillery Battalion (140 Α/K ΜΠΒ)
- 21st Engineer Company (21 ΛΜΧ)
- 21st Signal Company (21 ΛΔΒ)
- 21st Support Battalion (21 ΕΥΠ)
- Hellenic Army General Staff, Training Directorate/3a (March 1995). Ιστορία Ιππικού - Τεθωρακισμένων [History of the Cavalry–Armour]. Athens: Hellenic Army Printing Office. p. 77.
- Ενημερωτικός οδηγός νεοτοποθετημένων στελεχών στη Φρουρά Κομοτηνής (PDF) (in Greek). Komotini Garrison Command. February 2010. p. 5. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
|This article related to the military of Greece is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|