21st Armored Brigade (Greece)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014)|
|21st Armored Brigade|
Emblem of the 21st Armored Brigade
|Part of||16th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Garrison/HQ||Komotini, Western Thrace|
|Motto||Not how many, but where|
The 21st Armored Brigade began forming at Litochoro on 1 December 1970, and was moved to the Komotini-Alexandroupoli area in September 1971. From 1977 on, all its sub-units are concentrated at Komotini. On 1 December 2000, it received the honorific title "Pindus Cavalry Brigade".
21st Armored Cavalry Brigade "Pindus"
- HQ Company (ΙΣΤ)
- 211th Armored Battalion (211 EMA)
- 212th Armored Battalion (212 EMA)
- 646 Mechanized Infantry Battalion (646 M/K ΤΠ)
- 140 Self Propelled Artillery Battalion (140 Μ Α/K ΠΒ)
- 21st Engineer Company (21 ΛΜΧ)
- 21st Signal Company (21 ΛΔΒ)
- 21st Support Battalion (21 ΕYΠ)
- Ενημερωτικός οδηγός νεοτοποθετημένων στελεχών στη Φρουρά Κομοτηνής (PDF) (in Greek). Komotini Garrison Command. February 2010. p. 5. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
|This article related to the military of Greece is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|