21st Berlin International Film Festival
|Awards||Golden Bear (Il giardino dei Finzi-Contini)|
|Festival date||26 June – 6 July 1971|
The 21st annual Berlin International Film Festival was held from 26 June – 6 July 1971. The International Forum for New Cinema section was introduced at the festival. The Golden Bear was awarded to the Italian film Il giardino dei Finzi-Contini directed by Vittorio De Sica.
The following people were announced as being on the jury for the festival:
- Bjørn Rasmussen (Head of Jury)
- Ida Ehre
- Walter Albuquerque Mello
- Paul Claudon
- Kenneth Harper
- Mani Kaul
- Charlotte Kerr
- Rex Reed
- Giancarlo Zagni
Films in competition
The following films were in competition for the Golden Bear award:
† Winner of the main award for best film in its section
The following prizes were awarded by the Jury:
- Golden Bear: Il giardino dei Finzi-Contini by Vittorio De Sica
- Silver Bear for Best Actress:
- Silver Bear for Best Actor: Jean Gabin for Le Chat
- Silver Bear for an outstanding single achievement:
- Silver Bear Extraordinary Jury Prize: Il Decameron by Pier Paolo Pasolini
- Special Recognition: Ang.: Lone by Franz Ernst
- "21st Berlin International Film Festival". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 22 March 2010. Retrieved 11 March 2010.
- "Berlinale beginnings". Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "PRIZES & HONOURS 1971". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 4 May 2014. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- "JURIES 1971". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 23 October 2013. Retrieved 8 June 2014.