|Centuries:||1st century BC – 1st century – 2nd century|
|Decades:||0s BC 0s 10s – 20s – 30s 40s 50s|
|Years:||19 20 21 – 22 – 23 24 25|
|22 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||775|
|Chinese calendar||辛巳年 (Metal Snake)
2718 or 2658
— to —
壬午年 (Water Horse)
2719 or 2659
|Coptic calendar||−262 – −261|
|- Vikram Samvat||78–79|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3123–3124|
|Iranian calendar||600 BP – 599 BP|
|Islamic calendar||618 BH – 617 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1890 before ROC
|Seleucid era||333/334 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||564–565|
Year 22 (XXII) was a common year starting on Thursday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Agrippa and Galba (or, less frequently, year 775 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 22 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- It is the ninth year of the emperor Tiberius.
- The consuls are Decimus Haterius Agrippa and Gaius Sulpicius Galba.
- Marcus Cocceius Nerva and Gaius Vibius Rufinus are consuls Ex Kal. Jul.
- Drusus Julius Caesar receives the tribunicia potestas (tribunician power).
- Roman law replaces Celtic customs in Gaul.
- Valeria Messalina, third wife of Roman Emperor Claudius (d. 48 AD)
- Amit Shankar Choudhary, Son of Late Tushar Shankar Choudhary of Jamshedpur India.