This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|227 by topic|
|Ab urbe condita||980|
|Balinese saka calendar||148–149|
|Chinese calendar||丙午年 (Fire Horse)|
2923 or 2863
— to —
丁未年 (Fire Goat)
2924 or 2864
|Coptic calendar||−57 – −56|
|- Vikram Samvat||283–284|
|- Shaka Samvat||148–149|
|- Kali Yuga||3327–3328|
|Iranian calendar||395 BP – 394 BP|
|Islamic calendar||407 BH – 406 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1685 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||538/539 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||769–770|
353 or −28 or −800
— to —
354 or −27 or −799
Year 227 (CCXXVII) was a common year starting on Monday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Senecio and Fulvius (or, less frequently, year 980 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 227 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- Seius Sallustius is executed for the attempted murder of his son-in-law, Emperor Alexander Severus. Sallustius' daughter, as well as Alexander's wife, Sallustia Orbiana, is exiled to Libya.
- The rule of High King Cormac mac Airt begins (approximate).
- King Ardashir I, ruler of Persia, annexes his new empire from the east to the northwest. He conquers, with his army, the provinces of Chorasmia, Sistan and the island Bahrain in the Persian Gulf. The kings of the Kushan Empire and Turan recognise Ardashir as their overlord.
- Han Dang, Chinese general of the Eastern Wu state
- He Qi, Chinese general of the Eastern Wu state
- Seius Sallustius, Roman Caesar (executed)
- Xu Huang, Chinese general of the Cao Wei state
- "List of Rulers of Korea". www.metmuseum.org. Retrieved April 18, 2019.