22nd Brigade (Australia)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Part of||8th Division (1940–42)|
|Harold Burfield Taylor
Arthur Leslie Varley
The brigade participated in the defence of Malaya with its headquarters at Mersing–Endau and then later fought in the Battle of Singapore where it was captured after the garrison surrendered to the Imperial Japanese Army in mid-February 1942.
- Brigadier Harold Burfield Taylor (15 July 1940 – 11 February 1942)
- Brigadier Arthur Leslie Varley (12–15 February 1942)
- "8 Infantry Division units". Order of Battle. Retrieved 2009-12-15.
- Morgan, Joseph (2013). "A Burning Legacy: The 'Broken' 8th Division". Sabretache. Garran, Australian Capital Territory: Military Historical Society of Australia. LIV (3): 4–14. ISSN 0048-8933.
- "2/10th Field Regiment". Second World War, 1939–1945 units. Australian War Memorial. Retrieved 28 June 2014.
|This article about a specific military unit is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|