22nd Marine Infantry Regiment
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (February 2013)|
|22e Bataillon d'Infanterie de Marine|
|Active||17 janvier 1901 – 1er juillet 2010
17 January 1901 - 1 July 2010
|Type||troupes de marine|
|Part of||9th Light Armoured Marine Brigade|
|Colours||Red and blue|
The 22nd battalion Marine Infantry based in Nantes, was created on 1 July 1999, from the 9th Regiment of command and support. It incorporates the traditions of the 22nd Regiment of Colonial Infantry and the 22nd Marine Infantry Regiment which keeps the flag, the 22nd BIMa today is a support battalion. Its dissolution is expected officially on 1 July 2010.
The 22nd battalion Marine Infantry is a support battalion headquarters of the Defence Force Headquarters No. 2. One body of troops of the department, the 22nd BIMa ensures under the authority of the land area north west. It is responsible for operating the PC projected force (PC shelterized company, company protection, power modules, etc...) His commanding officer took command of all resources deployed.
|This section is outdated. (December 2012)|
The battalion has 131 soldiers, built around the PC in a corporate headquarters, administrative, technical and medical. Its dissolution is expected officially on 1 July 2010. On Saturday, 29 May 2010, a ceremony will mark the end of a military presence in the Nantes. At the same time, the 22nd battalion of marines disappears and its standby capacity of the company. Porpoises in the reserve response unit (115) to leave Nantes grouped to form the 6th Company of the 6th Engineer Regiment in Angers.
- His tie is decorated with the Croix de Guerre with three palms and 1914-1918, Croix de guerre 1939-1945 with one palm, of the Croix de Guerre TOE with 2 palms.
- 3 quotes to order the Army in 1914-1918.
- 1 quote to order the Army in 1939-1945.
- 2 quotes to order the Army in Indochina.
Sources and bibliography
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Infanterie de marine.|
- Erwan Bergot, La coloniale du Rif au Tchad 1925-1980, imprimé en France : décembre 1982, n° d'éditeur 7576, n° d'imprimeur 31129, sur les presses de l'imprimerie Hérissey.
- The Company reserves the 22nd battalion Marine Infantry Chief Warrant Officer G. Hubert.
- Association of Former Battalion of the 22nd battalion Marine Infantry. Speaker: Daniel Therby, 11 rue Maurice Devillers 80200 Peronne.