230th Brigade Support Battalion
|230th Brigade Support Battalion|
Distinctive Unit Insignia
|Branch||North Carolina Army National Guard|
|Role||Brigade Support Battalion|
|Part of||30th Heavy Brigade Combat Team|
-Operation Iraqi Freedom Phase II
The 230th Brigade Support Battalion is a support unit of the 30th Heavy Brigade Combat Team, North Carolina Army National Guard. Battalion headquarters is at Goldsboro, North Carolina. The 230th BSB currently has companies in the following locations in North Carolina:
- Headquarters and Headquarters Company (HHC) located in Goldsboro, North Carolina
- A Co. located in Benson, North Carolina
- B Co. located in Dunn, North Carolina
- C Co. located in Goldsboro, North Carolina
- D Co. is part of the West Virginia Army National Guard and is located in Glen Jean, West Virginia
- E Co. is located in Kinston, North Carolina
- F Co. is located in Red Springs, North Carolina
- G Co. is located in High Point, North Carolina
A Company, 230th Brigade Support Battalion
Alpha Company 230th Brigade Support Battalion is located in Benson, North Carolina and consists of the following sections: Transportation Platoon, Fluids Platoon, Supply Platoon.
The Transportation Platoon supervises or operates wheel vehicles to transport personnel and cargo for the 30th HBCT.
The Fluids platoon is made up of a Water section and Petroleum, Oils, and Lubricants (POL) Section. The petroleum supply specialist supervises or receives, stores, accounts for and cares for, dispenses, issues, and ships bulk or packaged petroleum, oils, and lubricants (POL) products for 30th HBCT. The water treatment specialist supervises or performs installation, operation of water purification equipment, water storage and distribution operations and activities for 30th HBCT.
The supply platoon is made up of 89B Ammunition Specialists and 92Y Unit Supply Specialists.
B Company, 230th Brigade Support Battalion
Bravo Company 230th is located in Dunn, North Carolina and is made up of mechanical maintenance for military vehicles and equipment.
C Company, 230th Brigade Support Battalion
Charlie Company 230th is located in Goldsboro, North Carolina and is capable of providing role two medical support for the 30th ABCT. Charlie Med consists of PA's, RN's, Physical Therapists, Medics, Dentists, Mental Health, X-ray and Dental Techs and is capable of providing life saving and preventative medicine. Charlie Med is highly mobile and performs its function as a role II provider in appropriate tent structure in the field and hard structure in cantonment environment. Charlie Med Cowboy Life Savers.
Shoulder sleeve insignia (SSI)
Description: The letters “O H” blue upon a red background, the “O” forming the elliptical outline of the device long axis to be 2 1⁄2 inches (6.4 cm) and short axis 1 5⁄8 inches (4.1 cm). The letter “H” within the “O”. The letters “XXX” on the bar of the “H”. The insignia to be worn with long axis vertical.
Background: The shoulder sleeve insignia was originally approved on 23 October 1918 for the 30th Division. It was redesignated for the 30th Infantry Brigade on 20 February 1974. The insignia was redesignated effective 1 September 2004, with description updated, for the 30th Brigade Combat Team, North Carolina Army National Guard.
- "230 BSB". NCNGB. Retrieved 6 August 2009.
- "US Army Info Site: MOS 88M: Motor Transport Operator". Us-army-info.com. Retrieved 19 May 2011.
- "US Army Info Site: MOS 92F: Petroleum Supply Specialist". Us-army-info.com. Retrieved 19 May 2011.
- "US Army Info Site: MOS 92W: Water Treatment Specialist". Us-army-info.com. Retrieved 19 May 2011.
- "30th Infantry Brigade." The Institute of Heraldry website Archived 6 October 2008 at the Wayback Machine.