|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Cardinal||two hundred forty-one|
(two hundred forty-first)
241 is the larger of the twin primes (239, 241). Twin primes are pairs of primes separated by 2.
Since 241 = 15 × 24 + 1, it is a Proth prime.
241 is a repdigit in base 15 (111).
241 is the only known Lucas–Wieferich prime to (U, V) = (3, −1).
Americium-241 is the most common isotope of Americium, used in smoke detectors.
In popular culture
- Reel Big Fish wrote a song entitled "241," where the number is repeated as the only lyric.
- A short form of the phrase "Two for One" describing a discount.
- Made popular by Gil Harrington following the abduction and murder of her daughter Morgan Harrington. "241" was shared between the family, meaning, "I love you too much, forever, and one more time." It is a symbol of everlasting and unrelinquishing love for one another.
- "Sloane's A007703 : Regular primes". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-28.
- "Sloane's A031157 : Numbers that are both lucky and prime". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-28.
|This number article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|