24th Tony Awards
|24th Tony Awards|
|Date||April 19, 1970|
|Location||Mark Hellinger Theatre, New York City, New York|
|Hosted by||Julie Andrews, Shirley MacLaine and Walter Matthau|
Presenters: Clive Barnes, Claire Bloom, Michael Caine, Jack Cassidy, David Frost, Cary Grant, Patricia Neal, George C. Scott, James Stewart, Maggie Smith, Robert Stephens.
- Applause ("Applause"/"Welcome to the Theatre" - Bonnie Franklin, Lauren Bacall and Company)
- Coco ("Always Mademoiselle" - Katharine Hepburn and Company)
- Purlie ("I Got Love" - Melba Moore/"Walk Him up the Stairs" - Cleavon Little and Company)
Winners and nominees
Winners are in bold
- Sir Noël Coward for his multiple and immortal contributions to the theatre
- Alfred Lunt and Lynn Fontanne
- New York Shakespeare Festival, for pioneering efforts on behalf of new plays
- Barbra Streisand – Star of the Decade 
- "Columbia Records News: Barbra Streisand Goes Gold for Groundbreaking 52nd Time with "Partners"". The Recording Industry Association of America. November 7, 2014. Retrieved November 7, 2014.