|Centuries:||1st century BC – 1st century – 2nd century|
|Decades:||0s BC 0s 10s – 20s – 30s 40s 50s|
|Years:||22 23 24 – 25 – 26 27 28|
|25 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||778|
|Chinese calendar||甲申年 (Wood Monkey)
2721 or 2661
— to —
乙酉年 (Wood Rooster)
2722 or 2662
|Coptic calendar||−259 – −258|
|- Vikram Samvat||81–82|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3126–3127|
|Iranian calendar||597 BP – 596 BP|
|Islamic calendar||615 BH – 614 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1887 before ROC
|Seleucid era||336/337 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||567–568|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 25.|
Year 25 (XXV) was a common year starting on Monday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Lentulus and Agrippa (or, less frequently, year 778 Ab urbe condita). The deno Himination 25 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- Emperor Tiberius settles a dispute between Messenia and Sparta over the Ager Dentheliales on Mount Taygetus, awarding the land to Messenia.
- Lucius Aelius Sejanus unsuccessfully attempts to marry the widow of Drusus Julius Caesar.
- Cossus Cornelius Lentulus, Marcus Asinius Agrippa become consuls.
- August 5 – The Han dynasty is restored in China as Liu Xiu proclaims himself Emperor Guangwu of Han, starting the Jianwu era (until 56).
- Luoyang becomes the capital of the Houhan or Eastern Han Dynasty.
Arts and sciences
- Gaius Julius Civilis, German chieftain