25th Aviation Regiment (United States)
This article includes a list of references, related reading, or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (December 2012)
|25th Aviation Regiment|
|Motto(s)||Lele Makou No Na Puali (We Fly For The Troops)|
|Distinctive unit insignia|
|Attack helicopter||AH-64D Apache|
|Cargo helicopter||CH-47F Chinook|
|Utility helicopter||UH-60L/M Black Hawk|
The 25th Aviation Regiment is an aviation regiment of the U.S. Army.
- 1st Battalion (Attack Reconnisance)
- Company A (AH-64)
- Company B (AH-64)
- Company C (AH-64)
- Company D
- 2nd Battalion "Diamondhead" (Assault)
- Headquarters and Headquarters Company (HHC)
- Company A "Blackjacks"(UH-60)
- Company B "Knighthawks"(UH-60)
- Company C "Wolfpack" (UH-60)
- Company D "Cannibals"
- Company E "Road Runner"
- 3rd Battalion "Hammerheads" (General Support)
- HHC "Marlins"
- Company A "Stingrays"(UH-60)
- Company B "Hillclimbers"(CH-47)
- Company C "Dustoff"(HH-60)
- Company D "Tiger sharks"
- Company E
- Company F "Cobras" (Air Traffic Control)
Constituted 1 February 1957 in the Regular Army as the 25th Aviation Company, assigned to the 25th Infantry Division, and activated at Schofield Barracks, Hawaii
Reorganized and redesignated 12 August 1963 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 25th Aviation Battalion (organic elements constituted 21 June 1963 and activated 12 August 1963).
Between 1966 and 1967 the 341st Airfield Operations Detachment was attached.
Inactivated 15 October 1985 at Schofield Barracks, Hawaii.
Activated 16 January 1986 at Wheeler Air Force Base, Hawaii
Relieved 16 May 1988 from assignment to the 25th Infantry Division; concurrently reorganized and redesignated as the 25th Aviation, a parent regiment under the United States Army Regimental System.
It may at its maximum size have had up to four battalions.
Campaign participation credit
Counteroffensive; Counteroffensive, Phase II; Counteroffensive, Phase III; Tet Counteroffensive; Counteroffensive, Phase IV; Counteroffensive, Phase V; Counteroffensive, Phase VI; Tet 69/Counteroffensive; Summer-Fall 1969; Winter-Spring 1970; Sanctuary Counteroffensive; Counteroffensive, Phase VII
- Valorous Unit Award for HO BO WOODS
- Valorous Unit Award for TAY NINH – HAU NGHIA
- Valorous Unit Award for SOMALIA
- Meritorious Unit Commendation (Army) for VIETNAM 1966–1967
- Meritorious Unit Commendation (Army) for VIETNAM 1968
- Republic of Vietnam Cross of Gallantry with Palm for VIETNAM 1966–1968
- Republic of Vietnam Cross of Gallantry with Palm for VIETNAM 1968–1970
- Republic of Vietnam Civil Action Honor Medal for VIETNAM 1966–1970
- List of United States Army aircraft battalions
- U.S. Army Regimental System
- United States Army Aviation Branch
- ^ a b "25th Combat Aviation Brigade – 25th Infantry Division". U.S. Army. 10 March 2019. Archived from the original on 29 October 2017. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- ^ Lineage, 25th Aviation
- ^ "General Orders No. 66" (PDF). U.S. Army. 20 November 2019. p. 2.