26th Illinois Volunteer Infantry Regiment
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|26th Regiment Illinois Volunteer Infantry|
Illinois state flag
|Active||August 31, 1861 to July 20, 1865|
The regiment was mustered out on July 20, 1865.
Total strength and casualties
The regiment suffered 2 officers and 88 enlisted men who were killed in action or mortally wounded and 2 officers and 194 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 286 fatalities.
- Colonel John M. Loomis - resigned on April 30, 1864.
- Lieutenant Colonel Robert A. Gilmore - resigned on April 14, 1863.
- Lieutenant Colonel Ira J. Bloomfield - mustered out with the regiment.
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unilinf2.htm#26th The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959. - retrieved June 25, 2007.
- http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilcivilw/f&s/026-fs.htm Illinois in the Civil War website after Illinois Adjutant General's muster rolls - retrieved June 26, 2007.
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|