From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 2707)
"2707" redirects here. For the cancelled developed plane, see Boeing 2707.
The 28th century of the anno Domini (common) era will span from January 1, 2701–December 31, 2800 of the Gregorian calendar. Unlike most century years, the year 2800 is a leap year, and the first century leap year since 2400.
List of the long total solar eclipses
- July 21, 2707: Solar eclipse, (5 min 48 s), of saros 157.
- July 31, 2725: Solar eclipse, (5 min 57 s), of saros 157, "crowning" this series.
- August 12, 2743: Solar eclipse, (5 min 56 s), of saros 157.
- July 31, 2744: Solar eclipse, (5 min 59 s), of saros 167.[Note 1]
- August 12, 2762: Solar eclipse, (6 min 11 s), of saros 167.
- August 22, 2780: Solar eclipse, (6 min 16 s), of saros 167, "crowning" this series.
- September 2, 2798: Solar eclipse, (6 min 14 s), of saros 167.
- October 24, 2714: Transit of Jupiter from Uranus, the first one in 800 years (last time this occurred was on May 3, 1914).
- September 8, 2729: The distance between Mars and the Earth will arrive at a new remarkable minimum, at 55,651,033.122 km.
It will be the closer encounter of perihelitic opposition slightly shorter (just 549 km) than the previous one of the September 3, 2650.
- June 15, 2733: Transit of Venus.
- June 13, 2741: Transit of Venus.
- 2742: Triple conjunction Mars–Jupiter.
- 2744: Triple conjunction Mars–Jupiter.
- 2761: Triple conjunction Mars–Saturn.
- December 3, 2781: At 06:45 UTC, Venus will occult Neptune.
- 2791: Triple conjunction Mars–Jupiter.
- 2794 / 2795: Triple conjunction Jupiter–Saturn.
Science fiction set in the 28th century
- The video game Terminal Velocity is set in 2704.
- The video game Nancy Drew: Secret of the Scarlet Hand features an ending in which Nancy is entombed until she is discovered on October 23, 2702.
- The film Mutant Chronicles is set is 2707.
- The original video animation Coicent is set in 2710.
- Janelle Monáe's Metropolis concept album series (I, II and III) is written from the perspective of an android from the year 2719.
- The action of French science fiction comic book series Valérian and Laureline begins in the 28th century. The first title, The City of Shifting Waters (La cité des eaux mouvantes), provides some information on the period of time itself, while the following title, Empire of a Thousand Planets (L'empire des mille planètes), mentions the precise date of September 23, 2720.
- The Star League government in the Battletech timeline collapses in 2784.
- The video game Marathon is set in 2794.
- The MMORPG Neocron is set in a post-apocalyptic 28th century.
- On the May 21, 2008 episode of the DirecTV soap opera Passions, Tabitha Lenox tells Kay Bennett that an asteroid will hit the Earth in the year 2742.
- The apocalyptic "Seven Days of Fire" in Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind apparently takes place within the 2750s, based on its description as occurring 1000 years after the Industrial Revolution.
- The Doctor Who serial The Sensorites is set in an undetermined point in the 28th century.
- Pitch Black, The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury and The Chronicles of Riddick are set in the 28th century.
- The video game Ground Control II is set in 2741.
- In the video game Starflight, the Old Empire discovers the Thrynn and Elowan Races in 2770.
- The WB show Loonatics Unleashed is set in 2772.
- Songs of a Dead Dreamer references "The Terran Invasion of Alpha Centauri Year 2794".
- The video game Destiny is set in the 28th century, but the exact year is unknown.
- The Time Traveler in the video game The Cave is from the year 2701.
- In The Songs of Distant Earth, a short story by Arthur C. Clarke, the ocean planet Thalassa is settled by human colonists around the year 2700.
- The January 2762 sequence of the Babylon 5 episode "The Deconstruction of Falling Stars" depicts the start of a nuclear war on Earth between the fascist Politdivision, which controlled the Earth Alliance government, and the Prole Sector. As a result of the conflict, which became known as the Great Burn, Earth regressed to a medieval level of technology. It was still in the process of rebuilding itself, with the clandestine assistance of the Rangers, 500 years later.
- The saros 167 presents eclipses with very similar to those of the saros 145. For example, the Solar eclipse of July 21, 2726 (5 min 43 s), the previous one of the July 31, 2744 in this series of saros 167, would have a pathway very similar to the last one of the last millennium taken on August 11, 1999, one of the series of saros 145. It would happen at a far anniversary of the first step on the Moon by Neil Armstrong, in 1969. It would also be 1 millennium, 2 years, 2 months, minus 1 day (calendar durations) after the historical eclipse of May 22, 1724 (29th of saros 133), which was seen by Jacques Cassini and the king Louis XV. And obviously, this solar eclipse of July 31, 2744 in this series of saros 167, would have a pathway very similar to the one of the first "US Solar Eclipse of the 21st century" on August 21, 2017, the following one of the series of saros 145.
- Solar eclipse of July 21, 2707
- Solar eclipse of July 31, 2725
- Solar eclipse of August 12, 2743
- Solar eclipse of July 31, 2744
- Solar eclipse of August 12, 2762
- Solar eclipse of August 22, 2780
- Solar eclipse of September 2, 2798
- [meteorite-list] Mars Makes Closest Approach In Nearly 60,000 Years, par Ron Baalke, on Friday August 22, 2003 at 09:04:54 -0700
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20529785 "Bungie's Destiny video game details leak online" BBC News