27th Annual Grammy Awards
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 27th Grammy Awards)
|27th Annual Grammy Awards|
|Date||February 26, 1985|
|Location||Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles|
The 27th Annual Grammy Awards were held on February 26, 1985 at Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles, and were broadcast live on American television. They recognized accomplishments by musicians from the year 1984.
- 1 Award winners
- 2 References
- 3 External links
- Album of the Year
- Song of the Year
- Best Traditional Blues Recording
- Best Classical Orchestral Recording
- Best Classical Vocal Performance
- Best Opera Recording
- Best Choral Performance (other than opera)
- Best Classical Performance – Instrumental Soloist or Soloists (with orchestra)
- Best Classical Performance – Instrumental Soloist or Soloists (without orchestra)
- Best Chamber Music Performance
- Best New Classical Composition
- Best Classical Album
Composing and arranging
- Best Instrumental Composition
- Best Album of Original Score Written for a Motion Picture or A Television Special
- Best Arrangement on an Instrumental
- Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying Vocal(s)
- Best Vocal Arrangement for Two or More Voices
- The Pointer Sisters (arrangers) for "Automatic"
- Best Country Vocal Performance, Female
- Emmylou Harris for "In My Dreams"
- Best Country Vocal Performance, Male
- Merle Haggard for "That's the Way Love Goes"
- Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal
- Best Country Instrumental Performance
- Ricky Skaggs for "Wheel Hoss"
- Best Country Song
- Best Gospel Performance, Female
- Amy Grant for "Angels"
- Best Gospel Performance, Male
- Michael W. Smith for Michael W. Smith
- Best Gospel Performance by a Duo or Group
- Best Soul Gospel Performance, Female
- Shirley Caesar for Sailin'
- Best Soul Gospel Performance, Male
- Andrae Crouch for "Always Remember"
- Best Soul Gospel Performance by a Duo or Group
- Best Inspirational Performance
- Donna Summer for "Forgive Me"
- Best Historical Album
- Best Jazz Instrumental Performance, Soloist
- Wynton Marsalis for Hot House Flowers
- Best Jazz Instrumental Performance, Group
- Art Blakey for "New York Scene" performed by Art Blakey & the Jazz Messengers
- Best Jazz Instrumental Performance, Big Band
- Best Jazz Fusion Performance, Vocal or Instrumental
- Pat Metheny Group for First Circle
- Best Jazz Vocal Performance
- Best Latin Pop Performance
- Plácido Domingo for Always In My Heart (Siempre En Mi Corazon)
- Best Tropical Latin Performance
- Eddie Palmieri for Palo Pa Rumba
- Best Mexican-American Performance
- Best Cast Show Album
- Best Video, Short Form
- David Bowie for "David Bowie"
- Best Video Album
- Michael Jackson for Making Michael Jackson's Thriller
Packaging and notes
- Best Album Package
- Best Album Notes
- Ray Parker, Jr. for "Ghostbusters (Instrumental)"
Production and engineering
- Best Engineered Recording, Non-Classical
- Best Engineered Recording, Classical
- Producer of the Year (Non-Classical)
- Classical Producer of the Year
- "Sound System"-Herbie Hancock
- Best Rock Vocal Performance, Female
- Best Rock Vocal Performance, Male
- Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal
- Best Rock Instrumental Performance
- 27th Grammy Awards at the Internet Movie Database