294th Infantry Division (Wehrmacht)
|294th Infantry Division|
|Engagements||World War II|
The 294th Infantry Division was a German infantry division in World War II that participated in the invasion of Yugoslavia. The 294th Infantry Division was amalgamated with the 513th Infantry Regiment to create the 513th Grenadier Regiment, on October 15, 1942.
- Generalleutnant Otto Gabcke, 13 February 1940 – 22 March 1942
- General der Infanterie Johannes Block, 22 March 1942 – 12 August 1943
- Generalmajor Hermann Frenking, 12 August – 24 December 1943
- Generalmajor Werner von Eichstädt, 24 December 1943 – 26 August 1944
- U.S. Army 1986, p. 41.
- U.S. Army (1986) . The German Campaigns in the Balkans (Spring 1941). Washington, D.C.: United States Army Center of Military History. OCLC 16940402. CMH Pub 104-4.
- The life of RKT Major Hans Guhr. (07-22-2012). Major Hans Guhr. http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609656
|This article about a specific German military unit is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|