This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|298 by topic|
|Ab urbe condita||1051|
|Balinese saka calendar||219–220|
|Chinese calendar||丁巳年 (Fire Snake)|
2994 or 2934
— to —
戊午年 (Earth Horse)
2995 or 2935
|- Vikram Samvat||354–355|
|- Shaka Samvat||219–220|
|- Kali Yuga||3398–3399|
|Iranian calendar||324 BP – 323 BP|
|Islamic calendar||334 BH – 333 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1614 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||609/610 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||840–841|
424 or 43 or −729
— to —
425 or 44 or −728
Year 298 (CCXCVIII) was a common year starting on Saturday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Faustus and Gallus (or, less frequently, year 1051 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 298 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- Battle of Lingones: Constantius Chlorus defeats the Alamanni in the territory of the Lingones (Langres) in Gaul. He strengthens the border along the Rhine frontier.
- Battle of Vindonissa: Constantius I defeats the Alamanni at Vindonissa (modern Switzerland).
- March 10 – Emperor Maximian concludes his campaign in North Africa against the Berbers, and makes a triumphal entry into Carthage.
- The Baths of Diocletian are commissioned by Maximian in honor of Emperor Diocletian.
- Christians are expelled from the Roman army.
- Galerius invades Armenia with an army of 25,000 men. He makes personal reconnaissances, and marched deep in occupied Mesopotamia.
- Battle of Satala: Galerius decisively defeats king Narseh. He captures the Persian camp, including Narseh's family, harem and treasure.
- King Tiridates III is restored as ruler of Armenia.
- The manufacture of cultured silk becomes popular from Korea to Japan.
- Bunseo becomes king of the Korean kingdom of Baekje.
- Girim becomes the king of the Korean kingdom of Silla.
- King Chaekgye of Baekje
- Saint Marcellus of Tangier, Christian martyr
- Cassian of Tangier, Christian saint
- Yurye of Silla, ruler of the Korean state of Silla
- "List of Rulers of Korea". www.metmuseum.org. Retrieved April 20, 2019.