|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One|
|Release||March 10, 2017|
2Dark is a stealth adventure horror game directed by Frédérick Raynal, known for developing Alone in the dark. Consisting analogous environment like Darkest Fear series created by Rovio games for java platforms.
A former detective named Mr. Smith travels to the town of Gloomywood to solve a mystery involving disappearing children.
Gameplay is intended to be simplistic and accessible to casual gamers. The player can pick up items by walking into them. Stealth will play a large role in the gameplay, and the player can use darkness to hide their location. Enemies can be alerted by sounds that the player makes. The player will need to rescue children, who will move slowly and be susceptible to danger.
2Dark was funded on Ulule on November 21, 2014.
On October 26, 2015, a trailer of 2Dark was published. It was confirmed that the game was being developed by a new French studio called Gloomywood, which initially consisted of four people, with Frédérick Raynal directing. The beta was made available to buy for €20.
On March 11, 2016, Gloomywood confirmed that 2Dark would be released on consoles in addition to PC.
After 2Dark's release, people saw that the game was protected with the DRM Denuvo. During the Ulule campaign, Gloomywood promised that the game was going to be DRM free. Moreover, this means that Linux and Mac versions that were planned will never be released. As of April 19, 2017, six days after having been cracked by CPY, Denuvo has been removed from 2Dark.
2Dark garnered mixed reviews, and holds an average of 56/100 on aggregate web site Metacritic. PlayStation Universe awarded it a score of 4.0 out of 10, saying "The setup for 2Dark holds intrigue, with a grim plot, and suitably creepy settings, but so much of how it actually plays out quickly diminishes the horror aspect of it. Respectable enough as a game, a failure as a horror."
- "2Dark Steam Listing". Retrieved February 18, 2017.
- Kerry-Lee, Copsey (February 17, 2017). "2Dark Preview". Gamereactor. Retrieved February 19, 2017.
- Matulef, Jeffrey (October 26, 2015). "Alone in the Dark creator announces stealth horror game 2Dark". Eurogamer. Retrieved February 18, 2017.
- Estrada, Marcus (June 21, 2016). "E3 2016: 2Dark is Almost Too Creepy". Hardcore Gamer. Retrieved February 18, 2017.
- Tyrell, Brandin (2016). "GDC 2016: SAVING KIDS FROM SERIAL KILLERS IN 2DARK". IGN. Retrieved February 18, 2017.
- Gelmini, David (March 16, 2016). "2Dark from Alone in the Dark Creator Frédérick Raynal Confirmed for Consoles". Dread Central. Retrieved February 18, 2017.
- "2Dark for PlayStation 4 Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved April 14, 2017.
- Bolt, Neil (March 10, 2017). "2Dark Review". PlayStation Universe. Retrieved May 30, 2017.