|Industry||Video game industry|
|Headquarters||Novato, California, United States|
2K Marin, Inc. is an American video game developer based in Novato, Marin County, California, United States. The studio's main focus according to press releases is to develop new intellectual property and co-develop products with other 2K studios.
The Novato studio was spun off from 2K Games in 2007, after the release of BioShock. 2K Australia, joined 2K Marin in 2010 upon the announcement of The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, and would later became 2K Australia again in 2011, re-joining Irrational Games for development work for BioShock Infinite.
In October 2013 the studio underwent staff reductions. According to one source, the only employees retaining their jobs are to be folded into the new Bay Area 2K Studio led by Rod Fergusson, while another source said that he or she was "100 percent sure" that the studio was closed. Not long after that Fergusson announced he had left the studio to work at The Coalition on future Gears of War titles, leaving the state of his former San Francisco studio unknown. However, in December 2014 Take-Two announced the formation of a new studio, Hangar 13, located in Novato, California.
List of video games
|2013||The Bureau: XCOM Declassified||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
- "Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Announces Formation of 2K Marin". Take 2 Interactive. December 17, 2007. Retrieved May 28, 2008.[dead link]
- Plunkett, Luke (April 16, 2010). "2K Studio Name Madness Continues With New XCOM Game". Kotaku Australia. Archived from the original on April 21, 2010. Retrieved April 28, 2010.
- Pitcher, Jenna (February 12, 2013). "BioShock Infinite development relied heavily on Australian team". Polygon. Retrieved February 12, 2013.
- McElroy, Griffin (October 17, 2013). "BioShock 2, The Bureau: XCOM Declassified dev 2K Marin hit with massive layoffs". Polygon. Retrieved April 20, 2016.
- "2K Announces Formation of Hangar 13". Business Wire. December 4, 2014. Retrieved April 20, 2016.
- "BioShock is not dead, future titles will be developed by 2K Marin". VG247.com. Retrieved June 8, 2016.
|This Take Two Interactive-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|