|Place of origin||Russia|
|In service||2016 – present|
|Used by||Russian Ground Forces|
|Designer||Burevestnik Central Scientific Research Institute|
|Weight||48 up to 55 tons|
|152.4mm and 155mm 2A88 gun|
The 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV (Russian: 2С35 «Коалиция-СВ») is a Russian self-propelled gun first seen in public (initially with its turret covered) in 2015 during rehearsals for the Moscow Victory Day Parade. The 2S35 is expected to supplement and eventually replace the 2S19 Msta in the Russian Ground Forces.
The 2S35 was originally designed as a variant of the 2S19 Msta, consisting of a 2S19 chassis with modified turret, fitted with an over-and-under dual autoloaded 152mm howitzer. Development of this variant was abandoned in 2010.
The 2S35 is expected to have a very high level of automation that will dramatically reduce the crew number, to perhaps just two or three people located in an armored capsule below the two front hull hatches.
Initial reports describe the main armament as a 2A88 152 mm gun with a range of up to 70 kilometers using precision-guided rounds and up to 40 km with standard rounds that are currently used on Msta-S. The claimed average rate of fire is around 16 rounds per minute,(15+) with a maximum rate of 20 rounds per minute. 2S35's rate of fire was improved due to the new pneumatic loader. Estimated ammunition load is around 60-70 rounds and using a special loader vehicle the recharge time for full ammunition load is 15 minutes. The 2S35 will feature a modular ammunition charge system, which allows changing the amount of propellant used in firing of each individual shell.
The 2S35 is not a classic SPG, but rather a highly robotised system, with a high degree of automation. The 2S35 has a unified command-and-control system with which all actions are displayed. The system can automatically select the appropriate shell type for a task and the amount of charge required.
The 2S35 was initially reported as being based on the Armata Universal Combat Platform, which in the case of the T-14 Armata and T-15 has seven road wheels. However, the 2S35's on display during the 2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade and its rehearsals are not built on the Armata platform but rather on a six-wheeled platform that appears to be a T-90 derived chassis, and later production variants are expected to be based on the unified Armata chassis.
- "Огонь за горизонт: новейшая САУ "Коалиция-СВ" ставит рекорды по дальности стрельбы". Zvezda (TV channel) (in Russian). 5 May 2015. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- de Larrinaga, Nicholas (22 April 2015). "New Russian heavy armour breaks cover". IHS Jane's Defence Weekly. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- Слободян, Елена (9 May 2015). "Что представляет собой САУ 2С35 "Коалиция-СВ"? Инфографика". aif.ru (in Russian). Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- Bozinovski, Igor (February 19, 2018). "Russia's Koalitsiya-SV SPHs undergoing state trials". Jane's Information Group.
- "2S35 Koalitsiya-SV Self-Propelled Howitzer". globalsecurity.org. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- «Коалиция»: богиня войны. Военная приемка - Zvezda (in Russian)
- Kuzmin, Vitaly V. (27 April 2015). "Victory Day Parade rehearsal 22.04.2015 in Alabino - Part 2". vitalykuzmin.net. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV.|