|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||2nd century BC – 1st century BC – 1st century|
|Decades:||30s BC 20s BC 10s BC – 0s BC – 0s 10s 20s|
|Years:||5 BC 4 BC 3 BC – 2 BC – 1 BC 1 AD 2 AD|
|2 BC by topic|
|Gregorian calendar||2 BC|
|Ab urbe condita||752|
|Ancient Greek era||194th Olympiad, year 3|
|Chinese calendar||戊午年 (Earth Horse)
2695 or 2635
— to —
己未年 (Earth Goat)
2696 or 2636
|Coptic calendar||−285 – −284|
|Ethiopian calendar||−9 – −8|
|- Vikram Samvat||55–56|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3100–3101|
|Iranian calendar||623 BP – 622 BP|
|Islamic calendar||642 BH – 641 BH|
|Julian calendar||2 BC|
|Minguo calendar||1913 before ROC
|Seleucid era||310/311 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||541–542|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2 BC.|
Year 2 BC was a common year starting on Thursday or Friday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar (the sources differ, see leap year error for further information) and a common year starting on Wednesday of the Proleptic Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Augustus and Silvanus (or, less frequently, year 752 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 2 BC for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- Emperor Augustus is proclaimed Pater Patriae, or "father of the country" by the Roman Senate; this bestowed title is the logical consequence and final proof of Augustus' supreme position as princeps, the first in charge over the Roman state.
- Julia the Elder, daughter of Augustus, is exiled on charges of treason and adultery to Pandateria; her mother Scribonia accompanies her.
- The Aqua Alsietina Roman aqueduct is constructed.
- Phraates V becomes king of the Parthian Empire, after he and his mother "the goddess Musa" have murdered his father Phraates IV.
- Jesus, basis of Christianity (born in the month of Ethanim (Tishrei) (September–October)) (approximate date, according to Eusebius of Caesarea and Jehovah's Witnesses)
- The Easter Bunny - fictional character
- The Apostle Peter, Jesus's closest follower, was born around this year (d. 64 AD)
- Iullus Antonius, son of Mark Antony and consul in 10 BC (executed for treason) (b. 43 BC)
- Phraates IV, king of Parthia (murdered)