2 Dope Queens
|Running time||ca. 55 min.|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Home station||WNYC Studios|
|Created by||WNYC Studios|
|Produced by||Joanna Solotaroff|
|Recording studio||New York City|
|Original release||October 6, 2015 – present|
2 Dope Queens is a podcast hosted by Jessica Williams and Phoebe Robinson. It is produced by WNYC Studios. The podcast features female comedians, comedians of color, and LGBT comedians, in an effort to represent people from different backgrounds. The podcast's guests include Jon Hamm, Nick Kroll, LeVar Burton, Naomi Ekperigin, Nore Davis, Aparna Nancherla, Marc Maron and Michelle Buteau. 2 Dope Queens is WNYC Studios first comedy podcast.
Each episode features three guest comedians. Issues discussed on the podcast include "race, gender, sex, and other less serious topics".
Host Jessica Williams says of the podcast, "For our show, people get to be the stars of their own stories and they get to be the stars of their own stand up, so it’s really cool to give our friends and a lot of people of color and different orientations an opportunity to speak for themselves and be sort of the main character as opposed to like the side character or supporting character."
2 Dope Queens stemmed from Blaria LIVE!, a monthly stand-up show in Brooklyn, hosted by Phoebe Robinson and Jessica Williams. Blaria LIVE! was inspired by the blog of the same name authored by Phoebe Robinson. Similarly to 2 Dope Queens, Blaria LIVE! featured diverse comedians from all over the United States.
On July 19, 2016 Sooo Many White Guys, the first 2 Dope Queens spin-off debuted. Sooo Many White Guys is an interview-talkshow hosted by Phoebe Robinson and produced by Ilana Glazer with guests including Nia Long, Janet Mock, Hari Kondabolu, Gina Rodriguez, Roxane Gay and Hasan Minhaj.
- Rich, Katey. "Sneak Peek: Phoebe Robinson and Jessica Williams's 2 Dope Queens, the Podcast". Vanity Fair. Retrieved 2016-04-20.
- Rich, Katey. "Sneak Peek: Phoebe Robinson and Jessica Williams's 2 Dope Queens, the Podcast". Vanity Fair. Retrieved 2016-04-13.
- "This Week in Comedy Podcasts: '2 Dope Queens' Premieres". Splitsider. 2016-04-07. Retrieved 2016-06-02.
- ""2 Dope Queens" is the Hands-Down Funniest Podcast I've Ever Heard | Bitch Media". Bitch Media. Retrieved 2016-06-02.
- "Sooo Many White Guys".
- "Sooo Many White Guys | WNYC". WNYC. Retrieved 2016-09-28.
- "'2 Dope Queens' Jessica Williams, Phoebe Robinson on Taking HBO by Storm". Rolling Stone.
- Bausells, Marta (2016-05-20). "The podcasts you should listen to this weekend". the Guardian. Retrieved 2016-06-02.
- "The Absolute Best Comedy Club in New York". Grub Street. Retrieved 2016-06-02.
- "10 Comedy Podcasts You Should Listen To". Backstage.com. Retrieved 2016-06-02.
- Rich, Katey. "Sneak Peek: Phoebe Robinson and Jessica Williams's 2 Dope Queens, the Podcast". Vanity Fair. Retrieved 2016-06-02.
- Jurgensen, John (2016-05-05). "Four Comics to Follow on Social Media". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2016-06-02.
- "'2 Dope Queens' Is An Exciting New Podcast Everyone Should Hear". The Huffington Post. 2016-04-05. Retrieved 2016-06-02.
- Desta, Yohana. "Jessica Williams and Phoebe Robinson's unfiltered comedy podcast will be your new favorite". Mashable. Retrieved 2016-06-02.
- "Blaria LIVE! - Tickets - Union Hall". Union Hall NY. January 21, 2015. Retrieved 2016-06-02.
- "And It Don't Stop: Comedians Jessica Williams And Phoebe Robinson Are '2 Dope Queens'". HelloBeautiful.com. 2016-04-27. Retrieved 2016-06-02.
- Locker, Melissa (2016-07-26). "Sooo Many White Guys: Phoebe Robinson's podcast has killer lineup". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2016-09-28.