The 2nd Force Support Battalion (2 FSB) is an Australian Army logistics battalion. Formed on 1 August 1998 as a Reserve unit, following the amalgamation of a number of supply, medical, military police, maintenance and transport units, its headquarters is based at Derwent Barracks in Hobart, Tasmania, however it has depots in Launceston and Devonport at Paterson Barracks and Kokoda Barracks respectively. In 2011, it took over three reserve sub-units from 9 FSB in Victoria.
2 FSB is part the 17th Combat Service Support Brigade. Its role is to provide third line or 'general' support within an area of operations.
As of 2011 2 FSB is composed of the following sub-units:
- Battalion Headquarters (Hobart)
- 44th Transport Squadron (Hobart & Devonport)
- 6th Logistic Support Company (Hobart)
- 6th Supply Platoon (Hobart)
- 15th Transport Squadron (Bendigo & Horsham)
- 1st Petroleum Company (Melbourne)
- 3rd Recovery Company (Melbourne)
- ^ Dennis et al 2008, pp. 327–328.
- Dennis, Peter et al. (2008). The Oxford Companion to Australian Military History (Second ed.). Melbourne: Oxford University Press Australia & New Zealand. ISBN 978-0-19-551784-2.