2 in a Room
2 in a Room
Rog Nice and Dose
|Origin||Washington Heights, New York City, New York|
|Genres||House, hip-hop, freestyle|
They are best known for their 1990 hit single "Wiggle It". It spent two weeks at #1 on the Hot Dance Club Play chart (and #3 in the UK Singles Chart,) and then crossed over to mainstream radio, and climbed to #15 on the Billboard Hot 100, eventually becoming a gold single. Before that, they were known for a track called "Do What You Want" (1990) that got a lot of club and DJ play in New York and Chicago. "El Trago (the Drink)" was a #86 Billboard Hot 100 chart entry (the last of their pop hits), but they did chart several more singles on the dance chart through the 1990s. Their first release in the UK was "Somebody In The House Say Yeah!" in the late part of 1989. They later changed their name to Fulanito; and style of music to merengue. Vargas, also known under Dose Material, was also member of 740 Boyz from 1991.
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions||Certifications
|1989||"Somebody In the House Say Yeah!"||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||66||The Album Vol. 1|
|1990||"Do What You Want"||—||9||—||—||—||25||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|"Take Me Away" (NED only)||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|"Wiggle It"||15||1||55||3||38||24||39||17||30||14||—||3||3||Wiggle It|
|1991||"She's Got Me Going Crazy"||—||—||—||72||—||40||—||—||—||—||34||—||54|
|"Body To Body" (ITA only)||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|1994||"El Trago (The Drink)"||86||36||—||209||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||34||World Party|
|1995||"Ahora Es (Now Is the Time)"||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||43|
|"Get Up And Move" (SPA only)||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart or were not released.|
In popular culture
- List of number-one dance hits (United States)
- List of artists who reached number one on the US Dance chart
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 571. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- US Hot 100 peaks
- US Dance Club Songs peaks
- "Canadian peak". Archived from the original on 2012-12-28. Retrieved 2012-12-27.
- Australian (ARIA Chart) peaks:
- Top 50 peaks: "australian-charts.com > 2 in a Room in Australian Charts". Hung Medien. Retrieved 2016-03-12.
- Top 100 peaks from January 1990 to December 2010: Ryan, Gavin (2011). Australia's Music Charts 1988–2010. Mt. Martha, VIC, Australia: Moonlight Publishing.
- "El Trago (The Drink)": "Response from ARIA re: chart inquiry, received 2015-06-05". imgur.com. Archived from the original on 2015-06-05. Retrieved 2016-03-12.
- New Zealand peaks
- Dutch peaks
- Belgian peaks
- German peaks
- Austrian peaks
- Swiss peaks
- Italian peaks
- "The Irish Charts – All there is to know > Search results for 2 in a Room". Fireball Media. Retrieved 2016-03-12.
- "Official Charts > 2 in a Room". The Official UK Charts Company. Retrieved 2016-03-12.
- "1991 ARIA Singles Chart". ARIA. Retrieved 2016-03-12.
- "Certified Awards Search: 2 in a Room". BPI. Archived from the original on 2011-05-11. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
|This article on a United States hip hop music group or collective is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a house music band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|